Did you try and fit your own "style" into meeting dress?

by avishai 34 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Boy, I sure did. Forties suits with handpainted ties. Fifties/sixties sharkskin "rat pack" suits with the skinniest ties I could get away with, etc.,

• changeling
    changeling

I've always been "myself" in the way I dress. It so happens my personal style isn't really "out there". And I have a habit of dressing appropriately for the place and the occassion.

changeling

• free2think
    free2think

Yes i tried to wherever possible. I liked to dress up as much as possible, some might have said a little over the top but i liked to bring a bit of glamour to the procceedings.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

definitely. I gotta be me!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was in back in the 70's when they had their first Armegedon. I used to like to wear my hair long. One red neck brother at an assembly walked up behind me and pulled it. That was very upsetting.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I noticed in some KHs the dress was different. I was a member of a predominantly black KH for a while. Their singing and dress was so much better, so different. The dress was so stylish and the singing was SO alive. I really enjoyed that.

Then I moved to hicksville with a bunch of corn fed hicks from the sticks and the clothes they wore were pathetic. And the singing was like funeral dirges. Ick. I hated it. They were so narrow minded and unfriendly that it probably hastened my departure, so I guess I should really be thankful.

sacrebleu

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I used to wear Dr. Marten boots with skirts and had bleached blond short spiky hair (like Billy Idol). I also wore loads of black eye liner and dark lipstick. I didn't think much about it until my friends would react in amazment that I wasn't hounded by the elders for dressing that way for the meetings. But, they all had Elders for dads, that probably makes alot of difference.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

nope my style of dress fit in quite nicely. boreing monocromatic junk.

if you wore anything even barely wild you wouldnt get used in the congregation...... still got screwed over tho.

if your hair was even the slightest bit long....... or stylish, if you wore anything with lots of colors in it........... called fadish and of the world............ pretty sad really

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I always dressed in my own style. Though I must admit a few times I was a typical dub when it came to suits.

• JK666
    JK666

I made sure that I dressed well and with style. The elders always were on me about something, though. One yokel elder tried to counsel me about "slovenly" dress. I was wearing an Armani suit at the time, and he was wearing the twin sisters of bad fashion (Poly and Ester). I told him that my tie cost more than his suit!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit