Did you try and fit your own "style" into meeting dress?

by avishai 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Fortunately the ugly ties make pretty decent tie downs for the bed

Annnnnnnd, what purpose does that serve Brother Willy?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I worked at a bank so I tried to buy stuff that would be appropriate for both places. I got lots of comments about how my skirt was too short. It was a freaking business suit with a to the knee skirt! And I thought we were supposed to be following the dress code of business professionals?!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I was a member of a predominantly black KH for a while. Their singing and dress was so much better, so different. The dress was so stylish and the singing was SO alive. I really enjoyed that.

Most of us Black people can really blow!

I grew up in a Baptist church where songbooks were eschewed.

I soon memorized the Kingdom songs because following along in a songbook got on my nerves.

Sylvia

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I don't even have any personal style now.

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

At times yes. Sometimes I'd wear skirts that stopped at the knee (but was later counseled that though they were modest when standing when seated such skirts were not acceptable). I have nice legs...why should I hide them??? At my baptism I wore a very sexy suit that was fitted in all the right places :)

After the elder's wives wore down my will with their "counsel" I switched to longer skirts but they could not make me give up my sexy shoes!! Matter of fact, the very last time I went out in field service I had changed out of my heels and into flats and accidentally left them in an elder's car when he dropped me back home (I bet he still has them )

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Annnnnnnd, what purpose does that serve Brother Willy?

They. . . erm. . . serve to tie things. . . erm. . .people. . . to the bed

• Mary
    Mary
    They. . . erm. . . serve to tie things. . . erm. . .people. . . to the bed

Is that so they couldn't get away during their home bible study?

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Is that so they couldn't get away during their home bible study?

No, that's where the whip cream comes in

• Kudra
    Kudra

Misanthropic-!!!

You have tons of style! All that fun funky jewelery- I love it!

Great hair and good color combos w/clothes and necklaces, bracelets...

I don't know what you're talkin bout.

They can take their damn EYES off my TITS, thats what.

Threads like this are nuts. I dressed funky but these pioneers with perfect ankle length modest dresses were screwing guys left and right...

hmm.

• Kudra
    Kudra

ALSO, I attend much more "business-like" conferences now, and when I give presentations I would NEVER dress like the "sisters" at the hall...

I always have a suit jacket, slacks and a nice necklace and medium heels.

If the JWs think that what they wear represents the business community... well, they just have no idea what they are talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit