Did you try and fit your own "style" into meeting dress?

by avishai 34 Replies latest jw friends

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I remember the worst winter ever in my life when the elders told my sister and I that we could not wear out floor length maxi-coats because they were too stylish. Some of the women wore boots that went up under their calve length skirts and kept their legs warm. The stupid men could wear long johns under their suits, but my sister and I and the other women were just supposed to freeze our knees off. I didn't go out in service at all that winter.

sacrebleu

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Hell yeah heres my dress history of my meeting attendance:

Ist meeting- Pair of chinos and a short shirt [ like the sort you go clubbin in]

Bit later on - was pulled up over wearing chinos [ didnt realize jehovaa could whack you for wearing chinos] but i always wore multi coloured shirts no boring black and white suit crap.

Before i left i decided screw it i wore my clubbing shirts to every meeting with a tie of course some would look at me for this like i was the son of molech or something.

I always wore dr martins boots strangley no one spoke to me about this.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... I wasn't that well-to-do - and so didn't really have a 'style'.

Unless you consider flashing tie-clips a 'style'.

I made one back when flashing LEDs weren't around - at all. I had drilled out an old tie-clip, and glued in a green LED - ran the wires down to a small tube box with a switch and battery.

I had the switch in my pants pocket, and would toggle it on - or off - depending on if anyone was looking. I got some odd looks - as people weren't sure that the 'jewel' in the tie-clip was blinking or not.

heh heh heh...

Regards,

Jim TX - of the 'nerd' class

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I remember the worst winter ever in my life when the elders told my sister and I that we could not wear out floor length maxi-coats because they were too stylish.

OMG!!! TOO STYLISH??????? Gimme a break! What in heaven's name's wrong with being stylish? Why can't you be stylish while representing the "Most High God" anyway? Floor-length garments in winter are more a necessity than anything else! These people make the Pharisees look like saints!

• avishai
    avishai
    I have nice legs...why should I hide them???

Pics, we want pics!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit