A desperate time for JW as realisation inevitable dawns .....

by Gill 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sf
    sf

A new 'Generation Change' doctrine is about to descend on them like a block of cement. How many will it knock out?

Very profound.

I like it.

What you speak of is what I've said all along..it's called FALLOUT. Perhaps even of nuclear proportions.

sKally

• oompa
    oompa

Wiz: This is one problem that they created where none needed to exist. You predict a date for the end, and watch it bust and then predict another and have that one bust, too. That is bad enough...............

Why cant they at least learn from that one great scripture....Expectation postponed is making the heart sick....oompa

Also:A new 'Generation Change' doctrine is about to descend on them like a block of cement. How many will it knock out?

ps:I do not see any big change coming that will be a shock.... how could it be? The lifespan generation of 1914 has been out the window since1995....so it has been abolished....what else could they do that would be a shocker? Put it back? They would love that....

• KW13
    KW13

JW's spend the rest of their life running from that realisation as it looms on the horizion

• Gayle
    Gayle

I do find I get a little excited now & then that possibly the WTS could take a good hit soon,,I thought that with the '75 fiasco, I was reeling internally,,many did leave, a sizable drop a few years, but then started increasing again,,then with things popping in the heart of Bethel, a witch (apostasy) hunt of governing body member & Bethelites in the early 80's, I hoped again,, then I quit hoping again for a good while,,now w/internet, mega-lawsuits on pedofile and blood issues, and minor decreases in first world countries, I hope again.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow
    I suspect a rise in the suicide rate for JWs which is a pretty horrific thought.

I am not too sure about that. However, I do know of a few who have arrived at the realization you are pointing out and are going through depression. Some others (the less honest), have decided to ignore the facts and go on with their lives. A friend of mine, who is currenly an elder (so am I, but will soon fade), once confessed to me that the most important thing for him is that his children grow drug-free, violence-free, and so forth (that type of thinking is, of course, the result of the WT indoctrination process, which divides the world in two: JW here and Satan's people there). In other words, for many witnesses the issue is not if this is the true religion or not; it is a matter of how do I go through the night?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

IMO: there will be no great exodus of the organisation, ever. The more time a person has invested in the idea of sacrificing this life for their everlasting life, the most critical it is for them to find ways for it to be true. Don't kid yourself - it is very easy for them to convince themselves that it is true. All they have to do is what they've been trained to do all their lives; parrot what they read, spy on each other, instantly reject anything that might give them other ideas. You know the drill.

People who want to bring the organisation down are wasting their energy, and wasting their own lives on the organisation, just in a different way.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It was both good and bad marketing was it not, they seem to be teetering now on a edge of a cliff, trying to not fall off.

When a friend of mine that did a stint in Bethel arrived back, one of his first words were " aw it's just a publishing house "

that was back some 30 years ago, I can still remember him saying that to this day.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

Terry - what a great illustration (you must have been listening well at the theocratic ministry school!!).

There are an increasing number of JWs who wouldn't know what the doctrines are if you explained it to them. They would think you are making it up (I have personal experience of this). This is more prevelant in JWs who are raised as JWS - they never seem to understand and grasp the main points of the religion.

They just continue the habit that is hammered into them from young, that you need to attend meetings, go out on the ministry and shun DF'd ones.

Average age and length of stay of JWs would be a very interesting study!

• ninja
    ninja

I think we are gonna have to contribute some cash to the board for increased bandwidth soon.....ninja....preparing for the influx

• bluebell
    bluebell

I too can't see any change coming soon - as has been pointed out people have invested thier lives in this and don't want to throw that all away. You all know how hard it was to do and the shear dread of thinking that all these "friends" you had made over the years would no longer have anything to do with you and how were you going to go about making friends with people in the "world" whan you have nothing in common with them...

I remember the fear and know it was all worth it but many are just not strong enough to take that step they have invested too much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit