A desperate time for JW as realisation inevitable dawns .....

by Gill 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    There are an increasing number of JWs who wouldn't know what the doctrines are if you explained it to them. They would think you are making it up (I have personal experience of this). This is more prevelant in JWs who are raised as JWS - they never seem to understand and grasp the main points of the religion.

Yeah - I get the impression, when talking to JWs I know, that they've kind of "boiled it down to the bare essentials"; "The end is sooo near, just look at the world!" (any world event will do), and "We have to go to meetings; board 'the Ark', and try to save others in the field service. And we have to stay away from any source that may somehow have an opposing view to what we already have been taught" . That's pretty much it. Doubts about the org. etc. are pushed aside, since "we're so close; we'll wait on Jehovah". And they seem to be perfectly willing to abandon all family and friends now, and devote all their time and energy to the org., if it will only ensure that they personally will be saved in the future. Pretty egotistical, if you ask me. "Every man/woman for him/herself!"

• Gill
    Gill

Can anyone continue to deny a reality or truth indefinitely?

When the obvious becomes so blatant that to ignore it is the equivilant of purposely walking full speed into a lamp post, how many times can a human being repeatedly expose themselves to a delusion without consequences of moral, physcal and mental harm?

Jehovah's Witnesses, along with members of other apocalyptic cults, deny history, reality and grasp a fantasy so bizarre that they are forced to turn off their capacity for reasoning and critical thoughts. Should they accidentally have their brain switched on by any happening or enforced thought process they risk total burn out, mentally.

This is the condition that many JWs face NOW!

Armageddon promised, expected, delayed and finally postponed! Then the realisation that it was a marketing ploy of a book publishing company with a scam so clever that it lurked in the shadows of world's capacity to expose lies and frauds and called itself a name that gifted it a cloaking device. That name was Religion!

Religion was its invisibility cloak that allowed it to trample on the lives of literally millions and claim the lives of thousands upon thousands!

To continue to deny these facts is to need to cling to a delusion because too much time and hope has been lost to something that was never real in the first place.

The empty shells that tread the streets with the empty hopes of cult that is rapidly restructuring in order to prepare to abandon ship at a moments notice deserve pity.

They are the victims. Not all victims survive mentally, physically or emotionally!

JWD is a life boat!

There are many JWs still floundering in the water and many more that will be thrown out of the sinking Watchtower organization that will need rescuing in the coming years.

• Quandry
    Quandry

A new 'Generation Change' doctrine is about to descend on them like a block of cement. How many will it knock out?

I really don't know that it will knock many out. There have been two recent changes in the generation-the last one to a really rediculous "The generation is the annointed from 33 C.E." (how would a normal person ever perceive that just from reading the Bible?)

I think the block of cement will just knock many more senseless enough to accept anything that comes next

Here are the faces at the KHall when any "New Light" comes out:

• dawg
    dawg

Good post Gill, but I have to disagree with you.. my dad is a smart man in almost every subject you broach with him, but he clings on to this stupid man made organization while throwing away his assoicaiton with me all the while he has known things like: Beth Sarim, fales predictions, changed doctrines and the like....

I just don't understand it but he still clings.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    IMO: there will be no great exodus of the organisation, ever.

sass_my_frass,

I agree but for a different reason. I think people will want to leave but will not because they will be guilted into staying. They will be told that their actions will prove their true motive for serving Jehovah. When they thought the end was imminent, they were ready to be faithful but now that the end appears to be several life spans away they want to leave Jehovah. They will be told they are proving Satan correct in his challenge to Jehovah. Then I'm sure an article will come out talking about who are faithful witness verses the ones that left because the end seems far off. And you know witnesses are all about saving face so many will stay even if they want to leave.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Spot on Terry - but if they just visit here to watch the trailer first...

• Gill
    Gill

Why the denial of the obvious for so many apparantly intelligent people?

There is one answer to it! SHAME! The shame we all feel when we realised we have been stupid and foolish enough to be duped!

But in this instance, not only have we lost money to a clever Scam but we have lost our lives, our time, our experiences both physical and in thought!

The shame of realising and MORE IMPORTANTLY ADMITTING that you, me, whoever we are talking about have been duped is TOO MUCH for some people to even contemplate admitting to themselves never mind any one else.

BUT there are people, smart, brave and hopeful of the future enough who will go through that very painful process of getting through the agonising experience of shame!

Too many will never do that....especially older people who have nothing else to gain expect the agony of looking back with shame on forty, fifty, sixty and even seventy years of being basically a duped idiot!

This may hold many older JWs back but IT WILL NOT HOLD BACK the younger ones or those who still have links with the outside world.

The only people left in the WT or any other apocalyptic cult in time will be people with nothing left to live for!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree on the shame comment. We see that in the elderly when they are ripped off. They feel embarresment and shame and they don't report it. They continue on although they may have suffered serious consequences.

I see it presently in the shift among the few JW's I still communicate with. One brother who has been serving as an elder a fair number of years now, sounds very different than he did ten years ago. We practically came in at the same time back in the 80's. He was on fire with the truth and now me made a comment that the majority of the elders aren't qualified to push a broom. And yet, they are serving in the capacity of an elder.

I was raised a catholic and talk about gulping down the camel. People just continue going even though they disagree with 90% of what's spoken of from the Vatican. Jehovah's Witnesses will morph into just another mainstream religion. Most won't notice, and in the distant future, referance material won't list anything before 2008.

• JeffT
    JeffT

A couple of years ago I made a comment on this board to the effect that the psychological weight of facing the fact that you go around once and wasted it washing windows and selling magazines is too much to deal with. People (mostly long time dubs) will simply keep going because they don't know what else to do. (Midwich - I love Shawshank Redemption the analogy to Brooks is perfect).

However their hearts aren't in it. I've been called on once in the last two years. I see dubs doing street work by standing on a corner holding up Watchtower and Awake magazines, while they talk to each other.

One thing can make a difference: the xjw community, which has now become something of a united movement via the internet. A few years ago hooking up with other x's was not easy. Now we talk to each other all the time. As more and more people realize there is a village out here waiting to welcome them, leaving may get easier.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wonder how large the Ex community is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit