A desperate time for JW as realisation inevitable dawns .....

by Gill 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    more fanatical to a certain extent because deep inside they are roaring to be free and are slowly realising that something is wrong with the WTBTS!

Correct.

Many are on the defensive because they are trying to convince themselves that they haven't wasted their lives for something they'll never see.

It's difficult to not pity them.

• metatron
    metatron

You raise a good point about pity for Witnesses. I'm feeling that, too. I wish we had a 'surgical' way

to stop the Society from harming people - without wrecking people's faith - but that's impossible.

Like dropping bombs in war, there is collateral damage.

What would happen if a climate of pity emerged that surrounded Witnesses? That treated them

as sad fools? Would the organization begin to crumble? It's an interesting thought...

metatron

• Gill
    Gill

Metatron - Reverse psychology! It may well be the answer! I too feel sad for them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is one problem that they created where none needed to exist. You predict a date for the end, and watch it bust and then predict another and have that one bust, too. That is bad enough.

But, when you start putting people's lives on permanent hold to cater to those dates that are going to bust, that is when you have a crime. That is when you have wasted people's lives. Many lived in 1969 when the Witlesses told them that they would not grow old in this system of things. Retirement was put on hold. People did not go to college or get married; those who were married put off having children. And now they are nearing old age, with no children and no retirement funds. Most have little Social Security to look forward to because they took window washing jobs at the directive of the Watchtower Society. They were not supposed to get old. And here they are, getting old.

Notably, 1975 wasn't the only time they pulled that crap. They kept it up through the 1980s and early 1990s, with that generation garbage until they pulled out the definition of the generation change in 1995. Even now, they have spent the whole of the last year pushing for the end at any second. I can remember the threads here and elsewhere about the NR37 (the end of false religion was near) setting off the Great Tribulation before 2006 ended. Then the "Our Deliverance Is At Hand" (not just "near") at the Grand Boasting Session of 2006 suggested that there wouldn't even be another Grand Boasting Session. And how many times have they, within 2007, suggested that Armageddon was coming, at most within a year. Here we are, at the end of 2007, and they are pulling that crap again telling people that the end is imminent and that they need to follow the Kool-Aid Puketower to survive.

How much more of this can people take before realizing that they have been stung? Everything they did or refrained from doing was for a cult. They were benefiting a group of old fogeys with zero tolerance for anything that is common young people's activities and attitudes. Ted Jaracz seems to be in the lead now. And he, like Schroeder, has zero tolerance for people that want to widen their horizons.

I can predict that, either the people are going to get pxxxed off and leave in droves (and more Danny Haszards are on the horizon), or they are going to be so dumbed down by being told exactly what to think. Which it will be is up to the people within the organization. But this is not some ripoff record club that sells them crap records. This is not some get rich quick scam where people lose some money but come out smarter and wiser. This is their whole lives that are being ruined. I don't know how close to blowing this powder keg is, but I wouldn't be surprised if soon we hear about an incident, or several (or many) incidents that are going to make the pepper spray incident seem downright tame. I think Ted Jaracz and his buddies are in danger of having someone blow up and assassinate or seriously injure him if he continues pxxxing them off with ridiculous rules. The Governing Body had better start easing up on the rules and make life in the cult more bearable or someone is going to blow up without warning.

• Terry
    Terry

Here is how I visualize it...

I picture a long line of people waiting to buy tickets to a movie heralded as the "Best Picture of the Year!"

Inside the theatre are people cramming every seat watching the film.

Outside the exit are people leaving the theatre disgusted that they had been so misinformed because the movie stunk!

Now the job of the Jehovah's Witness Organization is to promote the hype that the film is the Best and a "Must See!"

The people standing in line to buy tickets are the "newly interested persons" eager to experience the wonderful "ark of salvation" at their Kingdom Hall and the love among the brothers and the important preaching work and the "food at the proper time" they've been promised.

The people sitting inside the theatre and watching the film are the brothers and sisters who sit through the long, boring, disappointing mess that represents all the failures and disconnected false prophecies and phoney arguments which purport to "explain" sacred secrets. They "witness" allright, but; not Jehovah's perfection and leadership. Rather, they absorb the lies, misrepresentations and outright humbuggery.

The people outside the exit are the most interesting of all!

These are people who got thrown out of the theatre for complaining out loud or left from sheer disgust.

These people aren't allowed to talk to the people still standing in line out front. Why? Because they have "spoilers" which would destroy the illusion that a Great Film is about to be seen!

As long as the drone of the Hype is louder than the disappointing deflation of the "spoilers" the long queue will continue and the tickets will be purchased and the show will go on.

The world-wide body of Jehovah's Witnesses is changing moment to moment around the world. Different butts are in the seats, so to speak. The people still in line constitute the "future" of this religion. The people who have exited (that's us, by the way!) hold the key to the "spoilers", but, have a damned hard time getting any of the eager true-believers to listen.

After all, nobody likes spoilers! It ruins the excitement and the illusion.

After all is said and done and seen....

Only those with "no life" would continue to sit through this bland, ridiculous botch of a movie as it repeats over and over and over and over.....

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

What you say is going to happen I strongly feel is already well in the works.

Any disagreement with the society's teaching will get you marked. That and most people are starting to sense ... somewhere within that something is just not right.

- One wife of an elder hates him so much in my hall that she literally walks out whenever he gives a talk and we all know why. Its because he is a two faced hypocrite that simply has not been caught yet.

- Also, many witnesses (especially in my KH) are barely holding on. Many elders are finally beginning to critically question the real reasons why their kids all left "the truth" to go out into "the world." Virtually every sister in my hall is living some sort of a double life and one of our leading elders just got DF for immorality (and he was the hardline one out of all of them). The "cracks in the hall" are really beginning to show.

- If most witnesses could simply get over the mental trap of "Jehovah must be using SOME organization and ... well this seems like this must be it ... and even if it seems not ... where else can you go because Satan has twisted all other religions" I feel there would be a rush for the doors tommrow.

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

How do you guys get copies of the watchtower? I know my mother keeps them out-of-sight. I know there is other literature that is for supposedly their eyes only etc.

Lulu

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Gill:

I like the manner in which you word your thoughts in post!

Right on the money!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• fresia
    fresia

Afternoon Gill ...so true. There can't be any right-minded/thinking/intelligent adults left who actually BELIEVE this WT crap - I'm aware of longtime (adult) JWs who miss most meetings due to various mental problems...Old JWs, in my experience, just question their own ability to keep up with the Org's changes...and a little like Brooks in 'The Shawshank Redemption' who's institutionalised and can't survive without being organised by the the prison system (tops himself). I wonder how the average age of a dub has changed over the years?

this actually happened to a brother recently he hung himself, couldn't cope looking after himself.

• fresia
    fresia
    Wizard says...I can predict that, either the people are going to get pxxxed off and leave in droves (and more Danny Haszards are on the horizon), or they are going to be so dumbed down by being told exactly what to think.

I think both...we are being dumbed down, the literature and study articles are like for newly associated ones or for complete robots and babies. The biggest complaint is about the boring childish studies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit