What smells bring back old memories?

by John Doe 51 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

The smell of a farm feed store-

The smell of burning powder- hunting on our family farm.

Prince Albert pipe tobbaco- my grandpa

• calico
    calico

Original Claire Burke reminds me of my grandma--she had sachets of it in her dresser.

Moth balls remind me of my other grandma!

The smell of coal burning takes me back to first grade--we had a coal burning furnace in our house.

• calico
    calico

The smell of a farm feed store-

Oh, I remember that, too!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Smell of a hardware store.

The smell anytime you hear frogs and crickets chirping.

• changeling
    changeling

Ivory soap- My grandmother, not a good memory, can't stand the stuff

L'air du Temps - my mother in law, a good memory

The smell of elementary school hall ways and that wet puppy dog smell children have when the come in from recess- mixed memories, mostly good

• ush419
    ush419

The smell of Bull s**t brings back memories of talks at the Kingdumb hall, and the book study was full of it. The school smelled of nonsense.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Smoking my Virginia Slims reminds me of my fling with pot. Wonderful memories

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

The golf course as it's being watered overnight. Smells like when I used to sneak out my window when I was 15 to meet my worldly boyfriend on the 5th hole to make out in the sand trap.

Rose perfume--my grandmother (paternal)

Pipe tobacco--my grandfather (maternal)

Men with acrid body odor remind me of my ex husband. No amount of deodorant or cologne could mask his bitter smell.

• changeling
    changeling

Anybody know that smell when you are out in field service and you go up to the door of an old run down house and the odor of old people mixed with cigarette smoke just about knocks you down? I hate that smell.

• horrible life
    horrible life

The smell of percolating coffee. Not the Mr. Coffee type maker. The one where you have the big silver pot, the long stem, and colander, with the lid, and the glass knob on top, so you can see the coffee jump up into the lid.

Great calming memory. My non-JW grandparents, in Indiana, during the summer. I would wake up to the smell of the coffee, and the sounds of Bob Whites, chirping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit