What smells bring back old memories?

by John Doe 51 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Johnson's Paste Wax for floors

Old Spice After Shave

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Fiberglass - My first job as a fiberglass repairman (fiberglass bathing fixtures)

Abs pipe and cement - My time as a plumber in residential construction.

Cloves (either the spice or the cigarettes) - My very good friend/this really cool chick I was married to once.

Weed - All the bongs I've loved before.

Cigarette smoke - Tho I'm a smoker, the smell of second hand smoke always reminds me of coffee breaks and seedy diners.

Here's a wierd one (or not, you can tell me) when I have a bruise and poke it (like ya do) I always smell bandaids.

• erynw
    erynw

The smell of home-made bread

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

i bought some geranium essential oil the other day. in the evening i put it on my pillow then went to the kitchen and did some other things. came back into the room and the smell just brought me back so powerfully to the house where i grew up in belgium and the smell of my auntie

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

How the air smells after a rainstorm--great.

My dad was a big drinker. He used to take my siblings and I when we were 3-5 years old to his favorite bar and have us sit in a booth. He'd get us a soda and we were supposed to sit there quietly while he drank. You know how some old bars have that certain old bar smell? Whenever I smell that smell, I think of my father. Not that I go to very many bars. Really.

The smell of a turkey cooking.

Baby powder.

New car.

• prophecor
  • Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The two cent Bazzoka Joe gum wrap comics reminds me of my childhood. Once i saved up for a handful of them and my mother forced me to give it to all the other kids. Pepto bismol reminds me of this unhappy childhood experience, especially when I have stomach problems. It's like drinking liquid gum and has the same colour and smell.

Colt wine dipped cigar and Dutch pipe tobbaco remind me of my grandfather.

• new boy
    new boy

Wow....where to begin?

Perfumed hair.....The scent of a women......

Hazelnut pipe tobacco.

My Grandma's home made gravy. (sauce).

A lighting storm in Kansas......yes you can smell it.

The smell of beer being made.

The smell of cotton sheets that have dried in the wind and sun.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Sweaty horses and harness oil. Freshly mown hay drying in full sun.

• golf2
    golf2

I have a wood burning stove and it's presently on. I told my eldest son tonight, it brings back lots of memories.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit