Which movies make you cry?

by averyniceguy 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Okay...if you're a guy and you want a good tear-jerker: Field of Dreams

THAT was the one I was trying to think of! Every guy I know seemed to relate to it emotionally.

For me...when the dog dies, and when people say "goodbye," it's over.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

John Q - Denzel "I will not bury my son. My son will bury ME."

Mr Holland's Opus - Richard Dreyfuss. Seeing that despite all his mistakes, he touched so many and made a difference

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

This probably isn’t very original but it has to be "young people ask, How can I make true friends". " Jehovah’s witnesses: the organization behind the name" a close second.

Oh the tears,

Mr.M

• Gregor
    Gregor

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

"Glory" about the Civil War Mass. 54th Infantry

and the

Autobiography of Malcolm X

Interestingly they both have Denzel Washington in them but that's not why they make me want to cry. They're both extremely heartwrenching at the end.

• Gregor
    Gregor

"Glory" was a great film. I saw it on a plane and was setting next to a civil war reinactment guy who actually participated in the movie. He told me a lot of stuff about making it while we watched. very interesting.

• John Doe
    John Doe

"Old Yeller" is the first one I remember.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Field of Dreams

The Notebook

The Oracle

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

i agree with million dollar baby & world trade center. i'll add the last samurai for a guy's movie that brought a tear to my eye during their last charge...

• John Doe
    John Doe

The Notebook was good for the first half, but the ending was too over the top and lost my emotional attachment to the characters. Had they just left it before they died, instead of dying together, it would have been a little more believable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit