Which movies make you cry?

by averyniceguy 83 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Donnie Darko

Revenge

The Man Without A Face

The one where Brad Pitt is the angel of death and he falls in love with Anthony Hopkins' daughter.

City of Angels

What Dreams May Come(?)

The Sixth Sense

In Revenge and the Brad Pitt one, its the music that gets me.

What was that movie with Paul Walker about the sled dogs that got left behind...OMG balled my ass off for those puppies, getting verklempt just writing about it.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Forrest Gump came out on video around the time my brother commited suicide. Forrest lost Jenny- I lost my bro.

I remember the scene at the gravesite when all the birds landed on the tree. Forrest left a letter there.

Many years later I still wish things were different.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

sixth sense, ghost, any movie where animals, esp. dogs, die, E.T.(don't laugh) and the TV show Friday Night Lights.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The ending of the movie "Life is Beautiful" got to me. Where the little boy is unaware that the nazis killed his father, but you also then hear him as an adult talking tenderly about his father, and it ends with the boy happily screaming "Ho Vinto! Ho Vinto!" on the tank.

It was both sad and happy tears for me.

• betterdaze
  • Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Little Women

Life Is Beautiful

Man on Fire

Schindler's List

Jakob the Liar

Black Beauty

Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

Girl Interrupted

• ringo5
    ringo5

The one where Brad Pitt is the angel of death and he falls in love with Anthony Hopkins' daughter.

Joe Black, I Liked that one too, Brad pitt's love interest in that one did a good job adding to the melancholy feeling of the movie (she was still hot though)

Shawshank Redemption, not a chick flick, but probably can make most men's eyes glisten.

cried laughing :

Blazing Saddles

Dr. Strangelove

more than one Marx Brothers movie

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

As a kid, the first movie I remember making me cry was 'Ode to Billy Joe'....I'm a bit of a control freak, I remember my mother finding me wiping and wiping at my eyes trying to make it stop and telling me "it's ok to cry y'know"....so of course I denied crying at all and said I was just too tired, and angry that my eyes wouldn't stop watering, then went to bed to hide that I still was.

After that, there was a long phase where no movie got to me, then I saw Titanic with my wife back when we were still dating...that scene where the old man and the old woman hold hands as the water rushes in had my chest heaving.

I used to pride myself on being a stoic individual, but it seems in recent years I tear up at the drop of a hat. Whether that be because of 9/11, some natural part of the aging process, or me just letting go of a lot of the stuff I repressed over the years, I dunno.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I didn't cry, but I thought the concept of freedom in "The Shawshank Redemption" was beautiful.

Watch it now if you haven't.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Rudy (always)

Titanic

Family Man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit