Which movies make you cry?

by averyniceguy 83 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Didn't cry for years...I was shut down....

Then the 2 movies that broke me down....I felt....were both JW related.

Elephant Man....were he says "I'm a man not and animal".......in the Bethel bindry we had to beg just to leave are machines just to take a piss....and

Sophie's Choice....with the Nazis...whatever she did she was screwed...she was the walking dead.

Now I cry over everthing even T.V. commericals. My picks

Schinder's List

Forest Gump

Finding Neverland....I found out I never really had a childhood.

LEGENDS OF THE FALL.....family stays together and says....."F....k the government"

The Green Mile.....People want to kill someone even if it's the wrong person.

Glory

Dead Poet Society

Scent of a Women

The Mission.....Ah the guilt will kill you ever time.

Brave Heart

Field of Dreams

Shawshank Redemption....people in Prison who didn't deserve it....ring a bell?

Field of Dreams

and last but not least Always...."What a Jerk I turned out to be"

i

• Quentin
    Quentin

Independence Day....by the end got tears streaming down...very odd...

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Where the Red Fern Grows

Snakes ()

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

"My Dog Skip" also had me in tears at the end...what a sad ending that was. Those movies suck you right into them man.

One scene that really got me the first time watching was in "Hope Floats", when Sandra Bullock is visiting with her dad(an elderly man who I think has a bit of alzheimers), starts to dance with her in the middle of a room. She starts remembering and visualizing back when she was a little girl when he used to dance like that with her in his youthful years. That scene broke me down hard. My daughter was just about 3 or 4 years old then, and it just hit home in my heart, how that could be us one day & just how sad it was for the her character in the movie. Ok, go get the tissue...I'll be right back.

I agree, Glory was a good movie. Didn't like the parts though, when the Northern Troops (yankees) treated the 54th(black yankees) like dogs in the street. Many are taught that all the Yanks were fighting to free slaves, and it's not the case. Thousands still viewed them as 2nd hand people. The black soldiers weren't really allowed officer positions, and they weren't allowed to fight or be in the ranks with white soldiers. Not so in the Southern armies. The Black Confederates were put in with the common ranks of Confederate Soldiers. Same thing with Confederate Indians, Irish, German, Jewish, Italians, etc.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

the trailers to Ordinary people http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGVCU_5u-Qk

and Imitation of Life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZktUeRZhIgo DRAMA!! lol

LRG

• tere1998
    tere1998

Always with Richard Dryfuss and Holly Hunter... when he's dead and telling her that she will always be his girl.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."Napolean Dynamite"..That is the frigg`n worst movie I have ever seen..It`s painful to watch..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Out of Africa

when Denis dies. I am a goner for the rest of the movie.

purps

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

I cry at the slightest hint of sentiment. Even when the movie sucks a big one. I thought "A Walk to Remember" was the MOST stupid movie I'd ever seen, and still it tops my all-time sucks list, so I was especially angry when I cried at the end.

Movies that required more than three kleenexes:

The Whole Wide World

Untamed Heart (that is a guilty admission. I start crying halfway through the movie because I know what's going to happen.)

Titanic (the first time I saw it)

Dances with Wolves ("Dances With Wolves. I am Wind In His Hair. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?") And when they killed the wolf.

Man in the Moon

I have REFUSED to see Pay It Forward, because I heard it's sad and I know I would be a blubbering mess. Still holding out--haven't seen it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Titanic, all 15 times in the theatre and a ton of other movies.

Chris Rock makes me laugh so hard I cry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit