I shouldn't be shocked but I am.

by reneeisorym 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

This is so sad,,as your mom ages she will only struggle more, what an unhappy future for her. She is letting men control her, men (GB) most who never had children, nor grandchildren and those men will not be there for her when she's old. The congregation will not be able to fulfill her either.

• Sirona
    Sirona

That is an absolutely GORGEOUS cat! How amazing!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Your mum sounds really mixed up and you can hope she might realise that it is wrong to shun her own flesh and blood.

hugs

Sirona

• free2think
    free2think

Im sorry renee

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

my daughter loves your cat!!!

sorry about your mom, its hard when you get your hopes up.........

and then back and forth on a roller coaster.

hang in there

purps

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

renee...you predicted this on that thread:

I am being careful -- I think it will take me a long time before I would get too excited because I'm afraid she'll flip flop again.

you were right to be careful...although I am sure it is still hurtful to you

I posted this to you in reply on that thread:

renee... i hope beyond hope it sticks this time... its not fair to put you through this emotional roller coaster...

apparently the glue that binds your mom to the Borg is stronger than the glue that binds her to her "Baby girl"....sad really.

All I can do is offer a cyber hug (((renee))) and offer of support via PM or email .... glad you have a hubby who loves you unconditionally..

Snakes ()

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    By the way....Your cat is precious! I had one that looked like that and he was the BEST cat with sooooo much personality! I love the smooth grey fur...what's his/her name?
    That is an absolutely GORGEOUS cat! How amazing!

Thank you ..!!! She's a blue russian. Her name is Sasha. She is 9 months old. He has lots of personality too. My favorite part is that she goes up to strangers, smells their feet and then hisses at them. She has never bitten or scratced anyone but it is sure cute when she hisses. (Maybe I have a strange sense of humor!) Ya'll ... I just can't handle this crap. I know one day I'll have a child and I can't explain to he/she where Grandma has gone over and over. I'm sad and a great bit shook up right now .... Renee

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Rene'e -

It's not fair. And I know it hurts. I'm so sorry.

When all else fails, hug your kitty.

-Aude.

• flipper
    flipper

RENEE- I'm so sorry your mom flip-flops like that on you. It's almost like this religion makes them have a paranoid schizophrenic personality which makes them jump from whether to be emotionally attached to their non-witness relatives, or to choose to be paranoid about being " destroyed " at Armageddon and going back to shunning us. I have had a similar experience with my older brother who is an elder, and his wife. It just seems to be a crapshoot or anybodies guess as to what their final assessment of me will be. Lots of flip-flopping. Hang in there my friend, just try to show love, human kindness and in time your mom will probably tire of the witnesses again and come back, since she did before. Peace out, keep your chin up, Mr. Flipper

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I hope one day you will come back to us.

WHY don't these people come out and SAY what they mean? This was NOT hoping you would come back to THEM as Parents....it meant coming back to the Watchtower! They like to skirt around that part of it because they KNOW how tacky it all sounds!!!

I am so sorry, Renee, that she has run that roller-coaster ride with you...SHE is mixed up on what SHE wants to do and what the WTS demands of her, and had messed with YOUR heart while trying to decide which side of the fence she wants to sit on.

Take care, Sweetie.....

hugs,

Annie

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

You should read her the scripture in Revelation where the angel says, "I wish you were either hot or cold". It is completely unfair and is still unfair if she shuns you after having gone back on the original decision. Yep I could see Jesus backing her actions in full...crazy dub parents...no offense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit