I shouldn't be shocked but I am.

by reneeisorym 55 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/143755/1.ashx

I posted this Oct 8, '07

Backgroud: I am a 5th generation JW. My dad was always and elder and my mom pioneered when her health allowed. I DAed in Jan 06 and didn't hear from either of them in a year. Then my mom talked to me just enough to say hurtful things that left me in tears. May 07 my mom left my dad. Then my mom got disfellowshipped for smoking. During this time she was talking to me and even visited twice. Then she went back about a month ago to my dad. She decided to go to the meetings and quit talking to me again. Well last week she called to say that she was unhappy and wished she hadn't gone back. So this morning I got this e-mail from her:

I told your dad that I didn’t want to have to choose between you and him. That I think we have the choice to make in our lives and we have to live with the choices we make. I told him that I wont to be intitled to make decisions in my life that I want to do and that my life is not centered around just him. He told me that he feels that I slipping away from him and his religion. I told him I wanted to go out with my friends and that I feel so relived that I am not a JW any longer. Tonight I’m going to tell him that I will be with you at Thanksgiving and Christmas. And that if he wants me to move out I will BUT this is what I will be doing.

And I got this in my inbox this morning (Oct 22nd):

Well girl, I have done a lot of thinking lately. And I realize that I have to get myself straight. This means yes getting back into Jehovah’s good favor. Which you know what this mean, it means making the hardest decision of my life. I now know the beautiful life that you have and how much love you have for your husband and your friends and the love you have for your dad and me. We both love you so much it hurts. But you made a choice and I have to make one as well. I have not been fair to you by my actions, I wanted to hold on to my baby. I have created a mess. But I realize now I have to do what is right just like you. I have been so unfair to you and unfair to myself. I am so sorry.

I love you baby girl, your still my heart. I hope one day you will come back to us.

I know I should have expected this ... But it is like when someone has cancer. You know they are going to die but you are still shocked and sad when they do.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I just wanted to take this opportunity to post pictures of my kitty. It just makes me feel better.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

((((((((((((((((reneeisorym))))))))))))))))))

I have nothing of value to add right now. I hope an electronic hug will help.

• reneeisorym
  • TheSilence
    TheSilence

I'm sorry renee.

Jackie

• delilah
    delilah

OMG......I feel for you kiddo. Your mother needs to quit flip-flopping over this damned religion, and make a decision, once and for all...Sounds to me like she is so afraid of the big "A", that she doesn't know what she wants. I hate how the borg uses fear. I'm so sorry. I know it hurts.

I loves ya, Re... Your family here are with you....

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

nj

• Gopher
    Gopher

Renee,

It's always sad when people we're close to choose to act so unlovingly.

I have created a mess.

She sure has, and her recent actions only exacerbate the situation.

I love you baby girl, your still my heart.

Sorry to say this, but love is shown by actions, not by words or warm squishy sentiments. She may have a feeling of love. Doesn't the Bible say faith without works is dead? I'd say love without works also is dead or inactive.

I hope one day you will come back to us.

My parents have been "waiting" for years for my sister and me to "come back", on THEIR terms. The door has been open for them to come back into our life. No strings attached (other than we don't want to talk religion).

What makes them think this way is the WTS fraudulent teaching that we former members are evil or morally lacking, and are dangerous.

So the WTS replaces real family with their artificial family at the Kingdom Hall. It's hard for us at first, to realized we've been replaced. But it is the reality we must face. I hope my parents are happy with their pseudo-family, because they sure have alienated their REAL one.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Wow.....She has really been making the whole situation tough. I can't believe how much she has flipped flopped. I guess she has learned from the master of flip flopping. Geeeeezzzzzzzz, I am so sorry!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

By the way....Your cat is precious! I had one that looked like that and he was the BEST cat with sooooo much personality! I love the smooth grey fur...what's his/her name?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit