I shouldn't be shocked but I am.

by reneeisorym 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Renee:

It may be hard, but you have to look at your Mom as another poster on JWD. Sometimes she's out, sometimes she's in, but it seems like she's geting closer to being out. Still love her, but just take it like it is: she is confused. That is not a BAD thing. If she KNEW what she wanted, she would DO they wanted her to and not question it. The fact that she is going in, going out, well.. she's confused.. and for one thing: that is good. that shows that she is attempting to think for herself. But she's just scared right now. Give her a chance.

I know it must be hard on you, but just give it time. I think in another year or two, she'll be totally out. It seems like your Mother can't stand the rift between reality and delusion.

In the meantime, have compassion, love her unconditionally, and give her time.

CG

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I remember when you posted the first email someone mentioned that your mother seems to flip-flop a lot. Sometimes she loves you and sometimes she doesn't. You have to shield yourself against stuff like that. I'm sorry she can't be consistent and treat you the way a mother should.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((Rene))))))))

I'm sorry for your hurt, you must feel like you've been on one hell of a rollercoaster ride~~~~then sucker punched!

You have a beautiful kitty I'm sure you're a better Mom to your kitty.

Take care of yourself.

• Es
    Es

So sorry, In one way im so glad my folks stick to there resolve not to talk to me as its so much easier for me.

Big hugs

es

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

(((((((Renee)))))))

I'm sorry your mom is putting you through this. I hope she comes to her senses one day.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Your comments mean the word to me .. really! You guys are the only ones that actually understand.

I still haven't replied to that e-mail my mom sent me. I just find it easier to ignore it.

I have wanted a mother figure in my life for so long and it seems my mother-in-law is doing a great job at that. She brought us dinner last night. She calls me and asks if I need anything at the grocery store. We're going Christmas shopping this weekend and next weekend we are going to a marketplace thingy with Bobby Flay there. She's not one to give the most inciteful advice always but she does love. She loves very well. I'm so proud to have her in my life. I'm glad my kids will have one awesome grandmother.

I don't know what I'll do when I have children. On one hand I want to tell her to stay away. I don't want them to hate me one day because they never knew her. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I made Sasha a toy mouse last night! I bought some fake fur for a christmas stocking I was sewing and she kept wanting to play with the fur so I sewed her a mouse and stuffed it with catnip.. She was so funny playing with it! But you guys .. this is not a lap cat -- she's playful and rambunctious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit