Would they kill us if they could?

by reneeisorym 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

I suspect many fanatics of all colors would go there, but not all JWs would.

Some would realize the insanity of their faith, I suspect, if truly confronted with such commands; however, the history of fanatacism does not bode well for true pacifists.

I suppose pacifism is also its own kind of fanatacism, though, and jws claim to be pacifists. I rather think they're passive-aggressives, not pacifists.

Strange to realize how passive-aggressive they are, when you read articles like that one.

Instead of actually killing us off, they expect god to do it; maybe the way Trevor killed off Linda or at Armageddon or whatever; it's symbolic of how they feel about the here and now.

Here and now is not the most important reality for them because they feel assured of future paradise, and the people in the here and now - whether on the internet or the next door non-jw neighbors aren't as real for them as fellow jws are.

It's just isolationist de-humanization of the "other," like someone was talking about on another thread today. I think many religious fanatics dehumanize non-believers and atheists that way.

• BFD
    BFD

ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY !

No doubt in my mind.

BFD

• flipper
    flipper

No. I'd get them first. I'm quicker. It's called self defense

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No, the average JW just wishes an apostate would come back to making
    the printing company richer and selling magazines.

The printing company itself, they need to demonize the apostates, so they
    wouldn't kill apostates either.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I remember years ago a MS told me he wished the Society would sent out "hit teams" to "whack all the apostates". He was serious.

I don't think most JWs would approve, but there's the odd nutbar who'd be willing to do it.

W

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    I don't think most JWs would approve, but there's the odd nutbar who'd be willing to do it.

I'm kind of reminded of the whole DFing thing. Most people when they hear about how our families have treated us will say, "How could this happen in the United States of America?!" (well, I am in the US of A afterall ..) And yet the organization gets them to disown their brothers, sisters, parents, and even their own children.

So I wonder how far the brainwashing could go? Perhaps they could be convinced to drink the Kool-Aid?

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Extremism breeds hate and intolerance, given freedom and time all extremist resort to minimizing the "others".

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Nah. They wouldn't kill us. They'd be too afraid our sins would've been paid and we might get resurrected to spoil their bone-strewn utopia.

• Mary
    Mary
    "We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. 'Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee.'—Deut. 13:6-11, AS. Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof" (w52 11/15 pp. 703-704).

While the average Witness might find it a bit difficult to kill us, the Governing Body would have no problem killing us if they could, IMO.

• horrible life
    horrible life
    The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

WTF???? Who writes this stuff?? They are totally nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit