Would they kill us if they could?

by reneeisorym 39 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

If the law allowed, do you think JWs would actually kill apostates?

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

I hope not. There are a lot of nice ones here. I wouldn't even want them to kill other JWs, much less ex-jws. I think they do try to kill us emotionally, though.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep, the elders would create hunting parties for us bad apostates.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think they wish they could go back to "Bible times" where we would be stoned. I think if it was OK to do it, and the cult promoted it, many would do it because it would show how "spiritual" they were and how they are willing to do something unpleasant to "prove" they are faithfull. (Like Abraham willing to kill his son) I think our family members would be the first in line to throw the stones too.

• journey-on
    journey-on

No. JWs are lots of things, but they are not murderers.

But, now, drinking their own Kool-aid is another story!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    "We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. 'Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee.'—Deut. 13:6-11, AS. Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof" (w52 11/15 pp. 703-704).
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks Renee. I've seen that before which leads to my belief that if they could they would.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Renee.....My own mom said she would have to stone me if we were living in the past.....I don't think people want to admitt it, I guess.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Religious fanaticism let loose in a world in which individuals are not subject to the laws of society can be very ugly. JWs would prove to be no different than any other group that has been given the opportunity imo.

Of course, it can pretty much be said for any kind of fanaticism be it political, religions, ect.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Undoubtedly! Those meetings would put Taliban executions to shame. What a friggin party at the KH! The elders would finally get their rocks off on legalism, but the degree of legalism would not involve censures/reproofs/DFs but the choice of torture and the difference between life and death. Folks, these are powerful undeducated men, imagine if they were given the 'Terms of Punishment' manual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit