My Email Exchange with Trevor Spencer....

by AK - Jeff 133 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Jeff,

I can’t think of anyone on else on this forum who could have said it better, with more sincerity and understanding. I think maybe the doors on is whole issue can now be closed with all moving on with a better understanding of the mentally disturbed mind.

I don’t buy into his “cause of” story, I’m sure it is something a bit different but at least he can admit there is “something” wrong with him. That’s a start.

Take care,

Dave

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, PTSD is the cause of both Haszardgate and Trevolindagate...

• bebu
    bebu

I don't understand the cause-effect connection here which he is inferring exists for his behaviors.

I don't know why he would send the picture he sent to Dansk.

I hope that he realizes that his actions prove that he needs to get some serious help.

I am glad that he was able to apologize, and that mouthy will be reimbursed (to be seen, of course).

I am glad he is committing to leave posters here alone (again, this remains to be seen).

Thanks, Jeff, for being a mediator that might help bring some closure here.

bebu

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I replied - and as the reply was personal I won't share it here. I too hope that he gets it together. I actually wish the guy well. I am not happy with what he did - but I haven't walked in his moccasins yet.

I truly believe he needs to deal with the issues that haunt him- I think he will. I may need the benefit of the doubt someday too. Don't misunderstand - I am not condoning nor defending the pain he created - just trying to dig deep and find a bit of human compassion for a soul who is probably not as evil as we would paint him based on this matter.

Jeff

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Thank you Jeff, that was a very kind e-mail.

I really dont see the connection between being at Hillsborough and inventing a cancer victim wife over a 2 year period.

I guess he needs professional help. Hillsborough was ages ago. He should have recognised his therapeutic need and dealt with it more appropriately rather than spending 2 years inventing a fictional marriage and deceiving a group of people who would have given him any amount of unconditional support. IMO.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Re the first email:

Sorry, can't ever remember him saying he was a Liverpool fan or even remotely interested in football...

The reason he won't report the nasty emails he's received is probably because the police will want to investigate exactly what caused them - and when the truth came out his stupidity or illness would be further exposed - they will have him targeted for every unsolved incident of predatory behaviour towards females on file... and they might want to check what else he may have been up to on his computer...

I do accept his apology email at face value though and choose to forgive him for what he's done.

I hope he gets some proper psychiatric help - visiting forums can only help to an extent.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Tsk tsk, all of you skeptics!

How dare you question the honesty and sincerity of the words of a man that had lied to you for years and openly mocked you when his ruse was discovered?

No wonder Jehovah God cast you out from the comfort and protection of His most blessed and loving earthly organization and will soon destroy you for your lack of faith!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Taking off my cynical hat, I think Trevor lost a wonderful opportunity here by not playing straight with us in the first place. I think it would have been therapeutic for him to talk about his experience here to people (unlike those in the Hillsborough forum) who have no personal knowledge of the incident, and for him to receive some kind support by those who care about those struggling with trauma. He would have found that potentially more rewarding than manipulating dozens of people through a fantasy calculated to garner sympathy and kindness on false pretenses. Maybe it is less shameful to have a "wife" dying from cancer than admitting that you have PTSD issues. Had he been honest, he would have gotten both sympathy and respect for tackling his trauma with dignity.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Whatever the reason for his problems, at least he apologized. Hope he gets the help he needs.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I dont buy it for a minute. I think its another cynical ploy for attention and sympathy.

I know people who have looked death in the face and witnessed various attrocities but whilst they have suffered from PTSD, they didnt feel the need to invent a make believe cancer victim wife. I think its sick and whilst I can respect AK Jeff for sending a considerate email, I think Trevor saw the opportunity for additional sympathy and took it.

G /|\

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit