O% Containment of Fires in SoCal

by purplesofa 61 Replies latest social current

• brinjen
    brinjen

It looks like Save My Soul lives around there...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/144791/1.ashx

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thinking of you all today

Reports say 500,000 evacuated..........700 homes burned to the ground

purps

• sf
    sf

Malibu and a couple more started by downed lines. The gusts and wind in Malibu, at any given time, can be very dangerous to drive through. Not to mention when the Ana's come a blowin'. It's absolutely deadly at that point.

From that fire, the winds started blowing burning embers to houses on the beach, ACROSS PCH. It was totally random.

The Orange County fires started by ARSON, with three points of orgin, reportedly.

Arson is the cause of another one too, yet I can't recall which. It's all on the net, somewhere.

The only fire that was put out was the Camarillo fire. It was small.

All these other fires are still very active.

The best updates are from CNN. They had a televised update on EACH fire. I;m pretty sure that video can be found on their site. I haven't looked yet.

The air all around the SC area and going up north is bad.

I knew it Saturday night going to bed when I let the dog out for a few minutes. Up here on the ridge you could feel the Santa Ana's coming on. And we who live in these brushy, hilly areas KNOW what that means and act accordingly.

Well wishes to all my Southern Californians!

sKally

• sf
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

sf

thanks for the update, info and sites..........

I can't find the article I was reading last night, but the caption said something like

The roar of the fire was so loud you could not hear yourself talk.

purps

• PEC
    PEC

troubled mind, San Diego County fire information is at the attached link, http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/
    Your son and daughter in law should be Ok, packing and being prepared is a good idea, they need to be ready to leave at a moments notice.

Philip

• Dagney
    Dagney

PEC, thanks for those links.

I may have guests tonight from the Oceanside area.

BTW, my nephew is at the Santa Clarita fire now. A brief text says he is putting out house fires.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thanks PEC for the links .I have been watching online on signonsandiego .com , but I'll look on the site you mentioned .

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

you all have been in my thoughts today

purps

• Dagney
    Dagney

The winds have died down, so now we just have this gray-pink sky; the sun is a red fireball as you view it through the haze. It is bleeping hot...but at least no winds.

Several friends are waiting to hear if they lost their homes. If they didn't, they can't go back for at least a week, no electricity.

My nephew has been sent home, reluctantly, they do not want to leave their fellow firefighters. But it's an order. If he doesn't get called back out, we will have his belated birthday dinner on Friday.

What a week this has been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit