O% Containment of Fires in SoCal

by purplesofa 61 Replies latest social current

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

my sister and her family live in Encinitas - they have evacuated. I just talked with PEC - they are OK. Sir Nose - so glad to hear you are OK. We need a roll call of SoCal JWDers - but I suppose most of them are really busy right now.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

plus they just showed on the news they are evacuating some animals from the SD Zoo - not because of fire but because of the pollution from the smoke and ash.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    not because of fire but because of the pollution from the smoke and ash.

Yep, the air quality is horrible here in Los Angeles area. I'm on the road all day and I had to break out my inhaler for the first time in 4 years. Breathing can be difficult for sensitive people. I'm at home in long beach right now and it's amazing how strong the smell of smoke is when you step outside. Despite being miles away from the nearest fire, you can smell it as if your neighborhood is on fire.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I haven't been keeping up with the news and didn't realize how bad it has gotten. I've got a lot of relatives up near Castaic and down in SD. My sister was talking with her daughter in Newhall and they got cut off & hasn't heard anything back yet. So my sister is pretty worried but trying to keep calm. I've been trying to find some current info for the Newhall area especially to relay but not much luck so far. Anyone know of a GOOD site for current info?

I just talked to one of my nieces in SD and she says they seem to be out of danger but I'm sure that could change in a hurry. She didn't seem too worried but I suggested they get some things together just in case they had to get out. I know if I was in that situation I'd want minute by minute updates!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

There is a place at CNN or FOX where you can go online and see if loved ones posted. They have that set up so people can post where they evacuated to.

Also, I htink they are telling where they evacuateded hospitol and nursing home patients as well.

Maybe that will help someone.

Thinking of you all

purps

edited to add.......... I just turned on the TV.........blazing fires they are showing now and no chance to end till Wednesday. Im looking for that site

but here is blog with some amazing pics.

http://housley.blogs.foxnews.com/

Thanks Hortensia for letting us know how some peeps are. and thanks to those checking in

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

This is so scary . I just talked to my son and daughter in law .They live in Kearny Mesa area of San Diego . His workplace has already said don't bother coming in tomorrow .

This is the kids first fire they are unsure what to do ...how soon to leave .Their area is not an evacuation area yet... The fires are still 15 miles away , but I told them to pack and be prepared to leave at a moments notice .

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

troubled mind....

poor momma and grandma

Sounds like the authorities are all over it as far as evacuation.

You gave you family good advice

purps

• caligirl
    caligirl

We watched the Coronado Hills fire first hand as it burned it's way down the hill a few gusts of wind away from our house. Not a front row seat that I want to have again! Between the fire and the extreme winds, last night was not tops on our list, or that of all our neighbors as we watched and wondered if we would have homes to return to if we were told to leave. We are among the lucky ones who only lost a nights sleep as we watched and waited and were evacuated for about 7 hours.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Youch! The last big fire, my grandama and one of my uncles lost their homes in the Harbison Canyon area. Another uncle of mine lives right down the road from the Wild Animal Park - he can see the entrance from his backyard. I still haven't heard from any of them yet. I even heard that my parents are out there visiting right now. Perfect timing.

Jeez, kind of makes me glad that I moved away from there(SD). I'll take snow and freezing weather any day over fire, earthquakes, and hurricanes. At least snow won't damage my house!

• Mary
    Mary

Anyone on here live in Southern California?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit