Wow! Nobel Winner Says Blacks Less Intelligent

by Justitia Themis 60 Replies latest jw friends

• karvel
    karvel

Just so everyone knows, Watson and Crick stole a prepublication version of a paper from Rosalind Franklin, a woman, who had discovered the real structure of DNA through DNA x-ray diffraction. They presented her information as their own and gave her a brief footnote mention.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

People with black skin tend to be more athletic and have a higher muscle to mass ratio and tend to be good athletes. Is that racist?

• ronin1
    ronin1

Intelligence is not measured by the color of one's skin or demographic upbringing, but by :

Definition:

• "the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations"
    • " the skilled use of reason"
    • " the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (as tests)"
    • " the act of understanding- comprehension"

Thus any race can have intelligence and/or be more intelligent than others.

He is an idiot..................

Definition:

• " an ignorant person"
    • "a person effected with idiocy'
    • ' a foolish or stupid person"

Ronin1

• proplog2
    proplog2

The average IQ of Asians is about 15 points higher than Caucasians. I'm white and that doesn't bother me a bit. And I don't consider it racist. It seems people are as smart as they need to be.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sounds like he still adheres to a circa 1930s-era multiregionalist model of human evolution that is thoroughly embedded in received constructs of race. Not only has fossil evidence led anthropologists to abandon multiregionalism in favor of a single-origin "Out of Africa" model, but DNA evidence has conclusively demonstrated that differences between regional groups of modern humans is trivial and far outweighed by genetic variation in any given community. In other words, "race" is more of a social than a genetic reality. Yet Watson attributes measurable differences of intelligence to racial types and he bases this assessment on such ad hoc, subjective measures as job performance by black employees, when he should very well know that intervening socio-cultural factors matter most here. It seems that his thinking is stuck in the kind of racial notions that prevailed in his youth, and he has not learned much from the advances of genetic science, anthropology, and sociology in the last 50 years.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I heard him interviewed on the radio a few weeks ago. Quite a character.

BTW - he doesn't approve of elderly people in general, either. Says they're boring. He's 79 years old and basically says what he thinks without censoring for political correctness. Maybe he thinks that makes him more interesting. I would find it interesting to hear him expand on his statement about Africans.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Latest news: Watson has apologized for his remarks, sort of .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071018/ap_on_sc/controversial_scientist

Key quote from this news story:

"I am mortified about what has happened," Watson said. "More importantly, I cannot understand how I could have said what I am quoted as having said.

"I can certainly understand why people, reading those words, have reacted in the ways they have. To all those who have drawn the inference from my words that Africa, as a continent, is somehow genetically inferior, I can only apologize unreservedly. That is not what I meant. More importantly from my point of view, there is no scientific basis for such a belief."

Watson's publicist, Kate Farquhar-Thomson, would not address whether Watson was suggesting he was misquoted. "You have the statement. That's it, I'm afraid," she said.

A spokesman for The Sunday Times said that the interview with Watson was recorded and that the newspaper stood by the story.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In 2000 Watson shocked an audience at the University of California, Berkeley, when he advanced his theory about a link between skin color and sex drive. His lecture, complete with slides of bikini-clad women, argued that extracts of melanin — which give skin its color — had been found to boost subjects' sex drive. "That's why you have Latin lovers," he said, according to people who attended the lecture. "You've never heard of an English lover. Only an English patient."[27]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_D._Watson

• zack
    zack

Is it possible he was quoting an old Awake article?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This is rubish. This "scientist" is nothing but a racist in a lab coat.
    Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit