week long elders training class for 08 confirmed

by isaacaustin 47 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration
    "Brother Jones, due to your 70 years of faithful unquestioning service, we've selected you to have the privilege of driving to the assembly hall at 5:00 AM to lead the cleaning crew."

That was funny and soooo accurate!

"Brother Earnest, you've done so much recently in your sacred service, how would you like to clean the KH urinals on Saturday?"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Brothers, ignore your personal expenses for a moment.
    The one true representative of Jehovah God on earth has given you a place
    to sleep and eat for these past 5 days, and has given you this wonderful
    spiritual food that practically comes straight from God to you. Last week,
    the average donation by individual elders was about $150 for this privilege.
    We appreciated their effort, but we calculated that the cost per elder was
    exactly $3750 (dividing up the entire cost of running this facility for a week
    by the number of elders here, factoring in how much the Bethel Heavies could
    have made for the Society if they travelled to some District with their hands
    out). We are confident that you will reach deeper and show more
    appreciation. Ignore the camaras near the contribution boxes. We just want
    to know who was here."

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I dont ever remember reading of elders school in the Bible, oh that is right the Bibles says

Hebrews 8:10-13

10 “‘For this is the covenant that I shall covenant with the house of Israel after those days,’ says Jehovah. ‘I will put my laws in their mind, and in their hearts I shall write them. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people.

11 “‘And they will by no means teach each one his fellow citizen and each one his brother, saying: “Know Jehovah!” For they will all know me, from [the] least one to [the] greatest one of them. 12 For I shall be merciful to their unrighteous deeds, and I shall by no means call their sins to mind anymore.’”

13 In his saying “a new [covenant]” he has made the former one obsolete. Now that which is made obsolete and growing old is near to vanishing away.

abr

• luna2
    luna2

I feel sorry for these guys. They get to take personal vacation time (or a break at no pay) to be bored to tears for a week. What a deal.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It should come with a warning not to drive or operate heavy machinery after attending.

Mary

Bwaaah Mwaaaah Haaaah

• startingover
    startingover

Of course, the WTS will be helping in their travel plans with financial assistance... NOT!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Of course, the WTS will be helping in their travel plans with financial assistance

The only help they will offer is to suggest that people carpool if they plan to
    drive. Talk to the P.O. or secretary of surrounding congs. so you can see
    who's driving, then you will save some money, and you can donate more.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I'm sure it will be very exciting and interesting, just like this meeting:

• Rooster
    Rooster

I have the privilege of teaching two of the classes.

The first class is "Feed Jehovah’s little sheep in these critical times."

The second class is "Taking the lead , your role."

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

This whole thing has me fuming!!

My husband is an elder, and I'm sure he'll attend. So we are expected to pay airfare, lost wages, and other expenses so he can fly there and get his ego boosted?? We have a ton of other expenses that we need to pay!!

I'm already mad about all the money he spends driving in service (he ALWAYS drives), back and forth to meetings, new suits and shirts, less time at home and with the family.... And now he's going to be going away for a week!! I'm so mad...

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit