Did Anybody Besides Me CHOOSE Not to Respond??

by journey-on 56 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    But, did you respond to the threads on the Danny Haszard video?

No, cuz I just started a night job and missed the hoopla. I don't think I would have responded anyway.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I didn't see the video but I chose to respond. I feel Danny's action is counter-productive.

The internet is having a good effect slowing down or halting the growth of JW's in areas where it is available. I don't want us to blow that momentum by appearing indifferent or sympathetic to violence against JW's. There are better ways to deal with JW's who ignore or don't see 'no trespassing / no soliciting' signs.

Anyone who read the thread can see that the majority of ex-JW's are not sympathetic to the actions Danny chose.

• Grammy
    Grammy

Sandi...same question for you, please. (If you did not give your opinion on the other threads, why did you post

your opinion on this one?

I had to leave the computer and by the time I came back here there were so many comments on the thread that my comment would have been redundant in my opinion so I just didn't comment.

There are a lot of threads on this site that I have an opinion on but I don't comment most of the time....I suppose I don't feel like my 2 cents are worth reading on most subjects

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Journey On,

This has to be the most puzzling thread of the day!

I saw Danny Haszard's video before it was removed. Did anybody besides me choose NOT to post an opinion tothe many threads about it, especially those that got a chance to view it?

Are you trying to suggest that somehow you took the moral high ground by not responding to the video clip incident? Or perhaps that you have no opinion? Or perhaps that you are so coooool that such a response would compromise your hipness? What the hell is this thread about? Explain yourself, if you can. HS

• oompa
    oompa

OK census taker! I chose not not view the clip, nor post a response. I had a feeling this was going to be problematic from the getgo.....oompa...and your subject line was intriging, so I posted

• life is a bowl of cherries
    life is a bowl of cherries

I saw the video, and watched it twice. I haven't been feeling well, but I found problems with the video.

I figured the first of the video, where he had the door bolted by a bar, and he was on the phone, had been spliced, to add it to the start. Something he said, on the phone to his wife at this point, I can't remember what, struck me as odd.

The JW's didn't smile, and were very hesitant. Like he didn't know what to say. That is just not normal. He (the JW) wasn't engaging at all. More like a new guy selling insurance.

The JW's voice and looks, were like a hard smoker.

When the screen door was opened, they acted very awkward Like nobody had ever opened the door for them.

Why did he refer to himself by his first name, and his partner as "brother"...

He did not have any mags or books or bible out.

I would think everyone in Bangor, Maine that was a JW, would know where the infamous Danny H. lived. As a very young child, when we would drive into a neighborhood, and I recognized, a house, I would point it out, and tell what I knew. "Don't go to that house" or "They said they weren't interested, but would hide us, when we needed it."

So I guess my feeling was, that I didn't believe the video was real. That it was a joke. I just couldn't imagine, a car group, going out into this territory, and the rest of the group, sending 2 older men, up to Danny's house, and watching from the car, to see what would happen. Thinking it may be fun. SUPRISE!!! You just went up to the most famous apostate in Bangor, Maine, or one of the top 10 in the world!

Without saying anything about Danny's actions, the elders in the congregation, the person who checked out the territory, the person in charge of the car group, the service "whatever" conductor, before going out, into the field, should have mentioned again, "Now remember that Danny guy, he is demonized, steer clear of his house!" He lives in that purple house on the corner, address 666 Satan Street. If you see him, walk on the other side of the street. Don't make eye contact. It should have been written on the territory card.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

For those that didn't see it, it was an act of violence toward two elderly men. If you have grandparents or parents that still go in the door to door work, I think you would understand how terrible it was for him to do it.

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

Journey on,

I think it is time to change your name to Splinter Butt or Fence Sitter.

No opinion (really ?), no conscience or no back bone ? Which is it ?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Journeyon

I watched the video and have been following the comments but haven't commented myself - I feel quite torn actually because I like Danny and admire his dedication to helping people break free. He has spent a lot of time and resources on the xjw initiative. I am appalled at the incomprehensible mindless negligence of the WTS in sending those 2 brothers to knock on his door. But on the other hand I don't like or agree with what Danny did.

I feel very sad that it has come to this.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Are you trying to suggest that somehow you took the moral high ground by not responding to the video clip incident? Or perhaps that you have no opinion? Or perhaps that you are so coooool that such a response would compromise your hipness?

No on all counts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit