JWs Do NOT Care About Getting Converts. They Really Don't!

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo
    the Society should take their billions and use the media to effectively get the message across and save billions of lives....but they'll never do that because they REALLY don't care!

They will never do that and use their money for that.

I just heard they got rid of a small airplane that they were using to reach isolated villages in Alaska,

Why? No one came in the "truth" in the last 20 years so why waste money. They truly love people don't they?

If they feel they have the truth and they can prove it with God's word, why don't they get on tv.

Some of the evangelist with mega churches use tv and literally millions watch on Sunday.

The GB would not want to spend the money or be laughed at because of their teachings.

They have no problem though allowing the humble and poor publisher to waste their money as they go from door to door and making RV's

• startingover
    startingover

Great comments on this thread! Can't add a thing, but I sure agree with all of it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I know my comment was referred to as "funny" but I do have first hand knowledge that certain congregations are on the net to chat with those in countries that are banned. In LA there are a few congregations that are doing this as a trial

• blondie
    blondie

Telephone witnessing consists of 4 to 5 people and one phone. The others talk and have treats while the one makes a phone call. What a time waster. They were known as coffee klatschs and a party time. Imagine 4 people waiting in the car while one person went to the door.

Blondie

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

The Society gets their money either way and doesn't have to invest in expensive means to get it.

Just reinforces the point of this thread:

- i.e. The WTS is NOT interested in making converts, otherwise they would be using the most effective means of reaching maximum numbers of people in minimum time.

Jack.

PS: and they talk about a Bureaucracy as something that perpetuates itself!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Telephone witnessing consists of 4 to 5 people and one phone.

Blondie's comments on the phone witnessing are right. It's a cold-weather party or an elderly gathering.
    In our area, they set up a table at the kingdom hall, passing the phone around and reading their script.
    They have an easy day. No matter how good you are at "preaching the message" how many people
    are going to say, "Come visit me" ? Not too many.

This is just a way to keep the members busy. Even if someone does agree to accept a mailed piece
    of literature, JW's pay for the mailing, and it's usually just a flyer or magazine.

I did this one winter because it was being pushed. I brought coffee and donuts. Great time by all.

• minimus
    minimus

And the fact that millions of Kingdom News were printed will ensure another Bible prophecy being fulfilled!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember not wanting to have anyone come to the door. I would go out in field circus, and I hated it when someone came to the door. It wasn't too bad if the person slammed the door in our face, but when they got into a discussion, I would hope that they would turn not interested.

And, when I got into a discussion, the other person would make sure I didn't dog it so that I could create a problem with the person not being interested where such problem didn't need exist. In doing so, that would have been one less call. And they kept hounding me to dig down into that call book. I would hope that the person would have time to research it and not be interested before we got back, but they wanted me to follow up calls inside a week so the person could get moving before waking up.

Of course, doing "dummy service" helped. I would pretend to do street work, but take a route and time when I knew no one would be around. That way, I made sure no one would study with me.

• minimus
    minimus

JWs don't wanna be bothered with studying with anyone. Really, who's got the time for all that entails??

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus,

I know what you mean about not wanting a bible study. I had one once. It was an elderly lady who just wanted to have somebody come over and talk to her and shoot the breeze. She was offended when I wanted to end it because it was a waste of time.

The reason I didn't want another study was because back then the religion had us believing we were supposed to practically spoon feed these people. They even had us believing we were supposed to act like psychiatrists to straighten them out. This is a pretty heavy responsibility for the average person. Of course, they have since changed their stand on studies who weren't progressing and encouraged people to drop them if they weren't progressing in a reasonable amount of time. I also missed many meetings and didn't want to be responsible for anybody else.

I also had no intention of becoming a chauffeur service for people who didn't want to find their own way to the meetings. I was lucky I found my own way there.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit