JWs Do NOT Care About Getting Converts. They Really Don't!

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

J-dubs don't preach to save the worldlyâ„¢ people, they preach to save themselves.

• changeling
    changeling

I agree. FS is about keeping the witnesses to busy to do anything else.

changeling

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I fully agree with the red dot.

Whether it was 50 million or 500 million leaflets used for the Kingdom News distribution last year,
    it was nowhere near the more than 6 billion humans on earth. Show the leaflet to anyone today and
    ask if they received it. They won't remember it in the United States, and they didn't get it in most
    lands around the world. Look in the attic and car trunk of many JW's to find many of those leaflets.

Full reliance on Jehovah would mean using the sale of properties, donated money, literature surplus, etc.
    (all of it) to promote learning about the kingdom. If the GB really think the end is near, they will leave
    future expense concerns in Jehovah's hands. They could have a massive "advertising the kingdom"
    campaign on billboards, taxis, buses, radio, television, the internet, popular magazines. They could
    actually use the word "FREE" without any clarifiers to grab people's interest.

The WTS want converts, but focused so much on placements for so long, that converts became
    secondary to profit. Now, they would like to switch to converts, but offer such shoddy campaigns
    for the current JW's to engage the public with. WTS is torn because typical recruiting efforts are not
    effective, but effective methods might be a huge gamble with the money. NO RELIANCE ON JEHOVAH-
    KEEP THE MONEY.

• oompa
    oompa

A year or two ago I was so shocked to hear a radio spot JW's aired on the pricey Rush Limbaugh show. And there were some tv spots that looked a lot like lds spots. Where have they gone? Did they fail?....oompa

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"It has been said that Rutherford emphasized door-to-door work, not because of the results that it brings, but because helped with the Witnesses' persecution complex. Going door-to-door often invites criticism, therefore giving Witnesses the opportunity to interpret that criticism as "persecution in these last days"." BINGO

they love stirring the pot hoping someone will pick a fight so they can feel persecuted and validated. It's also true that they are doing the work to save themselves, not others.

• yknot
    yknot

I agree, we in the Northern Hemisphere are pretty tapped out as far as reaching someone who is not going to just debate or check out our creds on the internet and dismiss us. I think you can only teach the sky is falling for so long, if the sky doesn't fall.

• logic
    logic

They keep doing the door to door with the jws because they are the ones who buy the literature. Can you imagine trying to push the literature over the t.v. or internet on a donation basis.

I don't know about other jws but at the end of the year I had a wheelbarrow load of magazines left over. Even when the householder took the magazines I never got any money. I finally convinced my wife to take only the bare minimum.

Can you imagine the amount of literature in the trash, laundramats, thrift stores and jws bookshelves, etc.

The two elders that paid me their token visit admitted they didn't read all the articles in the magazines and not even the magazines most of the time, they looked a little stupid when I had to read the articles on the new light to them. They had the nerve to ask me what new light? I found that most jws don't read this crap so why do they think anyone else would.

Something I have wondered is how much good their site on the internet really does. Has it actually converted anybody?

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

When I was active in FS it always bothered me to think that I was forcing my (non) belief on someone else. Everyone knows what the JW's believe, if they are interested, they can find a KH on their own.

• aniron
    aniron

So much on here that I have often thought of myself.

The JW's were round my street two weeks ago a Sunday afternoon. I watched them working their way down the side opposite were I lived. Out of 25 houses they got 3 answers. It must have been getting on for 4 months since they were last round. What gets me is that those two JW's will go away thinking how wonderful they have been doing this "life-saving" work. Excuse me! You spoke to 3 people for about a minute each, in an hour, out of a potential 25. Plus you probably won't be round for another four months.

Thank God, the Fire Service or Ambulance service don't have the same attitude. "Your house on fire, we'll be round in four months." or "Having a heart attack. Well you'll have to wait until we are working in your road."

• garybuss
    garybuss

Years ago we thought we were "Jehovah's" witnesses. Now the members are conditioned to accept that they are "Watch Tower's" witnesses. In the 50's one book kind of built on the last book and we could study "Let God Be True" and have a pretty good idea of what was going on.

Now the latest book contradicts the books before it and it's very difficult to try to explain to a rational stranger at their door how the 7 trumpets in Revelation represented 7 of Rutherford's book rallies. The Watchtower's theology is a joke, even to many Witnesses. Many I know wouldn't try to explain it or try to defend it. They offer literature and move on.

Why would a member recommend the Witness life to another person? Many Witnesses I know don't like being Witnesses. Many Witnesses I know won't do service in their own neighborhoods. I even know some who attend group meetings in a neighboring town to lessen the chance of meeting somebody they know. That's hardly a recommendation to join the group. Basically, many Witnesses are not proud of their group or happy with the repetitious regimen of study, meetings, and service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit