If You Were Single, Would You Ever Date A Married or Separated Person?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Lately, I've seen more than a few unhappy couples go their own way and do their own thing. One guy I know regularly dates women only on Friday nights but comes home to his wife the rest of the time. My impression is she doesn't want to know what he's doing------just as long as he comes home to her.

I know a state senator's wife who has 2 kids and she's miserable with her politician/lawyer husband but in public they look like the perfect couple. She confides to friends that if she could get out, she would but her husband's too powerful a man and would make her life miserable.

Then there's the woman who's been separated for nearly 3 years from her husband, has taken him to court for child care for their 2 kids and dates a steady boyfriend-----yet she refuses to get a divorce even after telling the bf that she's seen a lawyer.

One woman told me that she had the greatest husband in the world! But she couldn't help sleeping with a fellow worker who also is married!

So what do you think?? Is it an "anything goes" nowadays or what???

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I have and it sucks. Not worth the effort, pain or memories.

LINDA

• minimus
    minimus

For how long, Linda??

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Twice, but they were only temp. relationships, that could have gone somewhere but never did and then they wanted me later on after all. NO THANK YOU!

LINDA

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Been the guy doing it, dated the girl doing it. Sucks for a lot of reasons not the least of which is self respect, you lose it for yourself almost instantly and it takes years to START getting it back.

It's a sign of weakness in a lot of ways. The strong walk away from the situation that isn't what they really want and get free to actually have the life that is for them, instead of faking everything.

Eventually you don't know what is real anymore about anything, especially yourself.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Absolutely not. My manager left his wife, moved into an apartment, and is dating another woman. He found out that the girlfriend is playing around with a lot of guys. Now he he is asking his wife if he can come back if things don't work out with the other woman. What a jerk.....

That's a dangerous game to play. My feeling would be that if I were in that position, I would make sure that the person had a divorce that was finalized. Then I MIGHT consider dating.

Actually, I shouldn't feel qualified to answer this question. I've been married over 40 years to the same person and wouldn't consider changing.

Bonnie

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It would depend.

I wouldn't date a married man but I've known people who have been separated for many, many years who've just been too lazy to follow through with a divorce - so I would have to evaluate each situation individually. Dating is not getting married - it's dating. sammieswife.

• sspo
    sspo

I am single and would never date a married woman or sleep with one.

Separated, it depends how long they've been apart or what's going on with her ex.

• oldflame
    oldflame

No I will not, at least not knowingly. I have strong morals on that issue and I would feel as if I am a part of the cheating and I cannot bring myself to that as I have been cheated on a couple of times over the years.

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting comments.

I see a lot of discreet persons dating clandestinely.

Most people that I know will break their own "rules" if they feel the need to bend them. Some happily married men who believe that "cheating" on their spouse would be very wrong will go on golfing trips with their buds, go to the ocal bar and if a hottie came on to them, they'd go for it. As long as they weren't having an "affair", then to them, it's not cheating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit