Update: Last Nights Meeting

by FadingELD 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• zack
    zack

I'm sorry about the situation. However, ditch the wife. You can't trust her. If she turned on you and LEFT you, the children and the house, there is nothing to salvage. Make peace with it and move on.

All the best.

• eclipse
    eclipse

WOW!

That was powerful! You have so much courage.

I hope that your wife will choose her family, but I understand what you mean by not expecting her to.

My mother is just like her. She would die for the society, and leave her family behind without a second thought.

I think you are an amazing father, and husband. Keep up the good work, it will not be in vain. She may come around with time.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

F-Eld. Thanx for sharing the update. I applaude your courageous stand.

Do your sons understand that the WTS is a cult? Or are they perhaps living with a deep guilt typical of those who leave or are DF'd? If they are, you can now free up their minds with the info at your hand. My sister left 15 years before I did. She left expecting that any day Armageddon would come and she would be dead, her kids would be dead, and her friends would be dead. When I left - not due to the burden and tiredness that was her reason for leaving - and I filled her in as to the evil that exists within the cult, she is measurably more relaxed and at ease now.

Just a thought. Physical and mental exit are two separate things - that we often forget.

Jeff

• JK666
    JK666

(((((((((((((((((((((((fadingELD))))))))))))))))))))))))

You are obviously a man of strength and conviction. I am sorry that you were put in the unenviable position to choose between your wife and sons. Remember, SHE is the one that forced your hand in the situation.

There is a chance she may come around. It is slim, so don't get your hopes set on it. I agree with others that you need to make sure of protecting yourself legally right now. She may be cleaning out the bank accounts and charging up the charge cards today. GET CASH TO LIVE ON NOW!!!!!

Come back and read more later.

You are in our thoughts and prayers!

JK

• Highlander
    Highlander

I like the idea of offering marital counseling to your wife. I would definitely offer it and go alone if she refuses.

I would also suggest that you and your sons see a cult counselor so that you and your sons can further understand the dynamics of the wt organization and how to move forward from this. You may already see the wt as a cult, but your sons may be very confused and feeling unnecessary guilt over being df'd and shunned by the congregation.

• Warlock
    Warlock

You sure didn't waste any time.

I really hope everything goes well for you.

Keep us updated.

Warlock

• happehanna
    happehanna

If only all Fathers were like you !

Your sons are blessed and you are too leaving that evil cult

I wish you and your sons well

hoping your wife can somehow reach into her heart and see what a good man you are.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks for letting us know, and i feel sorry and not sorry.

As far as the marriage counselling goes........

just how does a spouse tell a counsellor that they are upset cuz their loved one read apostate literature, won't go to meetings and because of that they believe they will die at Armeggedon. That God disapproves of them now. That they still love their spouse but because of their love for Jehovah God is greater than their love for them, they can and will walk away from you AND from their kids too?!!!!

Clever how the society keeps peoples mouths shut

purps

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

just how does a spouse tell a counsellor that they are upset cuz their loved one read apostate literature, won't go to meetings and because of that they believe they will die at Armeggedon. That God disapproves of them now. That they still love their spouse but because of their love for Jehovah God is greater than their love for them, they can and will walk away from you AND from their kids too?!!!!

I like your simplification, Purps. That's how the JW initially looks at it. I think a professional can see
    that the issue is that the cult member believes their loyalty to the organization's rules conflict with their
    loyalty to their spouse.

The rest, though- I suppose it is difficult to explain to a counselor that you were trying to save your spouse's
    chance at everlasting life by betraying him. Still, a professional can help them see that their abandoning
    people is not for their good.

I say that "a professional can see" or "a professional can help them see" but Purplesofa's point is valid as
    far as the JW goes. They can't see how some unbeliever can help them with a "spiritual" decision in their
    marriage and family. But you never know what barriers might come down in sessions. It certainly is worth
    a try to get a JW to the session.

Damn that cult anyway.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

You are a brave and courageous man, hats off to you. You've not taken the easy road and you've been true to yourself.

I am sure you will be an inspiration to many. The more of us that make this stand the better.

I hope that life will hold many beautiful things from now on and that one day your wife will come to her senses.

Peace and happiness to you and your sons.

SP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit