If this forum was high school, how many cliques would there be?

by NotaNess 36 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

I might ruffle some feathers here. We know in high school there is always a seperation of the students to a point, in groups or clicks... like the nerds, the jocks, preps, stuck up types, popular/not popular, druggies, bullies, etc. So after months of reading everyone here, I know there would be groups formed among all the members here, if we were to be put into a gathering situation. Some here, would only hang with certain people, and maybe socialize less with others. What groups/clicks do you think would form? Does anyone want to put themselves into a group? This is a topic that is just human nature, so go easy on me.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Yeah, you might get jumped on for this.

I never was in any one group or clique. I normally got along with everyone and I hung out with a lot of different people from different cliques. I am the same now. Different friends for different things I like to do.

BUT... I always stayed away from the a&&holes and jerks.

Still do.

• ninja
    ninja

I hate cliques and always fight the corner of the underdog

• JK666
    JK666

I don't know, but this time around I want to be with the hotties!

JK

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I have always stood outside and watched other people divide themselves up and then I would socialize with everyone. I always counted my true friends on one hand.

• eclipse
    eclipse

BUT... I always stayed away from the a&&holes and jerks.

Still do.

Same here.

Do you think you would have any friends here, NotaNess?

• journey-on
    journey-on

I think it's a good question, and I can see there are certain cliques right here on JWD if you read all the posts.

But, because of the nature of this forum, most people are very inviting and open to everyone and don't exclude

anybody overtly.

But, I can tell you who the politically Liberal are and who the Conservatives are.

I can tell you who the Believers are and who the Atheists are.

I can tell you who likes Fluff and who likes more Philosophical topics.

I can tell you who the Scholars are and who's more interested in the Sex topics.

I can tell you who is Happy and Joyous and who is Depressed and in Pain.

But we all have one thing in common: Recovering and Helping Others to Recover from the effects of the WTS.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Notaness, I think that an appeal of the innernet and this kind of forum is that is does away with all of the clicks. People can commune intellectually with less distraction and barriers because there is no physical aspect to deal with. If this forum was high school. It would be highschool. But your comparing apples and oranges . When I was in school I lettered in track, wrestling and golf. And I played baseball and football as much as I could. I also played guitar in a musical band, rock and roll, the doors, stones, beatles. So since I am too old to play baseball or football, I would join the click that plays music for money. Then I would be at all of the parties. Or at least the parties with old people. But old people arent in high school, not as students.
  • ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

{Never Mind}

nj

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't know how many cliques there would be. The clique I would like to be in is the artistic, creative, bohemian, fun one. I have never got the hang of fun. Which is unfair to my kids.

There are certain people here that I would consider scholarly and very smart, some that are very energetic and angry, some are very grounded and thoughtful, some apologists even while they would never be a JW again. There are those in crisis-sometimes hard to see what else they are since they are so much in a crisis. There are a couple of blowhards, party guys and gals (PLEASE, I WANT TO GO TO ONE WILD PARTY BEFORE I DIE!!)the ones who GLORY in their apostacy w/o apology or excuse (I love you!). There are the ones who constantly have a challenging idea or wild suggestion to goad the borg. I love the spirit! We have the newly out and confused(takes a while to see what else you are) the ones who are here because they like to visit, most of the JW drama is gone, but they like us (and we love them too). The wise ones. The doofuses. The young kids who are trying to figure out why everything seems so wrong, but unable to find the words to explain it yet. The young kids who have something to say (Richie!!!). The renegade JWs who tell us stuff their own cong.'s don't know yet. Those who share family stories that would melt our wigs if we had any! Most everyone is a few of them. Just like most everyone in high school was not just one thing.

Most everyone here is tolerant and tries to listen. Some argue till their fingers are bruised.

I think we are more like an AA meeting than anything. But I have only ever seen them on TV. Sometimes they are about the alcohol, sometimes they are about everything else BUT the alcohol, but somewhere in there, the alcohol has its impact on the discussion. "Hi, my name is Shelly, and I used to be a Jehovah's Witness." Maybe we are one big diverse clique.

One thing this place has given me. Gratitude and hope. Which I think are very precious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit