If this forum was high school, how many cliques would there be?

by NotaNess 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think some people simply "gel" better with others. A few years ago there was a group that fought about anything and everything. They simply loved to argue and eventually went elsewhere. Now this board, I think, is very well rounded and balanced.

• poppers
    poppers

I was a jock in high school but I never hung around with the jocks. I was also academically motivated but didn't hang around with them either. Actually, I didn't hang around with any group - I got along with everyone. I made it a point not to be a follower of any group or any fad quite early in life.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The major groups - (not sure I would call it a clique)

Born Agains/believers

Atheists

Liberals

Conservatives

faders/lurkers in the closet

apostates out of the closet

having emotional/mental issues

the unevenly yoked

the hurt shunned

the F---Y--! shunned

any others?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I show up more here than I did in HS.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

But, I can tell you who the politically Liberal are and who the Conservatives are.

I can tell you who the Believers are and who the Atheists are.

I can tell you who likes Fluff and who likes more Philosophical topics.

I can tell you who the Scholars are and who's more interested in the Sex topics.

I can tell you who is Happy and Joyous and who is Depressed and in Pain.

But we all have one thing in common: Recovering and Helping Others to Recover from the effects of the WTS.

Accouring to you, I would be a:

Happy and joyous Liberal believer who likes fluff and sex topics. LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am into vampirical lesbianism

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Agnostics get no respect. :(

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I am into vampirical lesbianism

I thought that was universal.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I sure like all our differences. Would have never thought that such a group could have come out of JWdom. Not all that same-o, same-o suffocating stuff that JWs have to put on.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I detest cliques. Never was in one. I was friends with a variety of groups, but never fit into one specific group.

Sometimes I played football with the boys at lunch, sometimes I hung out with the latino's and learned some of their languages.

Somedays I stayed in the caf, and played cards with the Eukre/Hearts players,

somedays I hung out with the artists or I hung out with the atheists/evolutionists and argued for creationism. LOL.

Had lunch by myself in the library and read a hundred science-fiction books one semester, lol.

The only group I did not hang out with, were the other JW kids, and there were a few in my highschool.

Apparently I wasn't goody-goody enough for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit