Generation - Prep for bigger change?????

by The Scotsman 54 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74
    regarding the "1935 change" in the 5/1/07 WT: A few years back they stopped pointing out the "diminishing number of truly anointed" as a sign that we are in the "last days". They had been pushing that idea so hard in the previous 10-15 years that its sudden absence was very conspicuous - and the 5/1/07 WT confirmed their change in doctrine.

a couple years ago the PO at my previous cong went on a tangent for a couple months talking about how old the annointed were and how old the GB were. He would hold up pictures of the GB members and comment about their ages. He was making comments about how eventhough the stats show over 8000 partakers, the WTS only believes that there are actually around 1000 "officialy" annointed still alive. He did this on stage at the KH and in our bookstudy group.
    He spoke as if he had the "inside scoop" because he has family in relatively "high" positions.
    Would the 1935 change burst his bubble? Who knows, but I dont think so.

What amazes me is that the WTS has been dropping hints for years that all the annointed could be gone prior to armageddon and the responsible members of the GC would take the lead. My WT Library is not working so I cant quote but they likened it to a group of men that would assist in Levitical responsibilities with the Tabernacle when there were not enough male levites around. This was over 10 years ago they said this! They have been gearing up for this at least a decade. Can anyone recall or find the article(s) I am referring too?

I remember this WT so clearly, I also remember wondering why afterwards no one seemed to refer to it when speaking about the annointed, ppl still talked about how old the GB were and how few the number were of partakers as if it still had meaning. It hasnt had any signifigance since that WT but even the WT seemed to forget that point in later articles. I know I am not the only one here that caught this.....

Anyone else help me out on this?

• sir82
    sir82
    When people do what Barbara Anderson did and make an obvious mockery out of their Memorial ritual

??? I must have missed this. Is there a link?

• oompa
    oompa

Sirnose: Yeah, the number is relatively small, but it isn't going to decrease. There may be slight uptick in the number of partakers in the 2007 Memorial (the 5/1/07 WT came out just a bit too late to have much of an effect this year), but the numbers for 2008 & thereafter could jump upward significantly.

You bet the numer will increase...the door is off the barn now. I always wanted to fly round the stars, but was told all the wings were issued. Now every JW whackjob that wants even MORE power/authority and recognizition can get flyboy status.

actually never wanted to go there......oompa

now somebody please adress this: *** w9511/1p.20par.15ATimetoKeepAwake ***

15 Does our more precise viewpoint on "this generation" mean that Armageddon is further away than we had thought? Not at all!
  • sir82
    sir82

Stillin_74,

Yeah that article was on the "Nethinim" - I remember it. I think it was more like 15 years ago.

By the way, I heard from an "insider" that the "Society believes the number of real anointed ones is really much much smaller"...in my back yard at least 20 years ago!

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    When people do what Barbara Anderson did and make an obvious mockery out of their Memorial ritual

??? I must have missed this. Is there a link?

It wasn't Barbara Anderson. It was Brenda Lee.

See YouTube link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcoTE1Skw8A

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• journey-on
    journey-on

Sir 82....I can't find the link. But I remember watching the YouTube video and thinking to myself, "She's doing more harm than good

by doing that." If mockers are partaking, it gives the Society a perfect excuse to stop reporting the numbers.

Edited: Oops! You're right....Brenda Lee. Sorry....I've corrected it.

• still_in74
    still_in74

Does our more precise viewpoint on "this generation" mean that Armageddon is further away than we had thought? Not at all!

Now if I recall, "we had thought" there was a "fixed time" and a "rational terminus" linked directly to to 1914. Yet all along, ever since 1995, WT says armageddon is no further away that we had thought.

any explanation anyone......oompa....ahh the mysteries of WTBS

The WT always uses this analogy Oompa. They rationalize that even though our human perspective is that the "end" seems farther away, in reality the end is no farther away than previously because Jehovah's timeline has not changed. Just our understanding of it. This reasoning is essentially meaningless, but JW's nod their head in agreement and appreciation for the new light.

w 1995 November 1p.17par.6ATimetoKeepAwake

Eager to see the end of this evilsystem, Jehovah’s people have at times speculated about the timewhen the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we "bring a heart of wisdom in," not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we "count our days" in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. (Psalm 90:12) Rather than provide a rule for measuring time, the term "generation" as used by Jesus refers principally to contemporary people of a certain historical period, with their identifying characteristics.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    The 1995 change extended this old system by detaching the generation from 1914.
    Then the May 2007 WT QFR detached the gathering of the anointed from 1935.
    Now the latest change detaches the generation from all mankind except the small group of anointed.And because of the 1935 detachment this could run for quite sometime.

Could someone go into some specifics on this change?

thanks,

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings!

Though I already posted this under "Quotable Quotes," I feel it bears repeating:

The SOLE PURPOSE OF OUR EXISTENCE AS A SOCIETY is to
    announce the Kingdom established in 1914 and to sound the warn-
    ing of the fall of Babylon the Great [in 1918]. We have a SPECIAL
    message to deliver.

--- Fred Franz, to Bethel family, November 17, 1979.

However often the Society might relinquish "gems" from its treasure trove of embarrassing declarations made by such highly placed individuals, don't you feel that Freddy's words are going to stick?

Please respond ...

CoCo

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The spin doctors in Brooklyn are at work again

The manipulation of the bible to make their their gain continues.......and again......and again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit