Generation - Prep for bigger change?????

by The Scotsman 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

AK-Jeff:

I solidly believe that the overriding pattern of belief by Jw's today is not that the WTS has anything right - but that they are God's organization. Period.

Very succinctly put. Spot on.

Now I'm VERY depressed. I think I've known this all along, but seeing it boiled down like that, reinforces for me how tough it is to reach JWs and how the WT may have a fairly long future ahead of it.

Real Truth be damned!

We've got "Present Truth" and that's good enough.

Open Mind

• still_in74
    still_in74
    We are looking at the "generation" thing from the perspective that it once was a core doctrine. That was pre 1995. Now it is a nothing doctrine. A change is a nothing doctrine is essentially meaningless. I dont see the big change in what has been presented.

Its amazing how both correct and incorrect this statement is at the same time. The fact that the definition of the generation has changed from the "wicked" to now the "anointed class" is a huge deal! This isnt the wicked to only christendom or the apathetic. Its (in WTS terms) the complete opposite of wicked!! Its now the holiest of all people alive---the annointed! Yet at the same time, nothing has changed! The time left is still open ended. The annointed will always be here and not die off but the call is not closed anymore. So now what? Nothing. We just keep waiting and looking up to the annointed for guidance. BUT THINK - can you imagine all the annointed dying off and no Armageddon? Yes the WT took care of that with the Nethinem comparison years ago, but think about it ---- There could never be new light!!! The WTS would forever be stuck with whatever teachings they were tauting at the time of the very last surviving anointed member. It does not take a genius to figure out that this would create a problem in the longterm as one by one these teachings fell apart.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    solidly believe that the overriding pattern of belief by Jw's today is not that the WTS has anything right - but that they are God's organization. Period.

Very succinctly put. Spot on

A talk was given last about the annual meeting and Jaracz talk. I sat their tapping my wife whispering "this is a major point!.... Listen!!" On the way home I explained it to her so she could understand the gravity of the change and I reviewed all the other changes this year with her.

When I got home others came over and I explained it in detail to them. Of the 3 of them none of them had even noticed it! They were talking and whispering about clothing and what they were doing on the weekend. In order to not sound like an apostate I would say things like:
    "some ppl dont need to understand these things to know its the truth...." and they all agreed! They didnt understand any of the deep things and it didnt matter anyway. Their friends and family believe it and so do they! They "know" its the truth and nothing else matters.

• Quandry
    Quandry

There could never be new light!!! The WTS would forever be stuck with whatever teachings they were tauting at the time of the very last surviving anointed member.

Not at all!

Don't you remember the recent article (it was reviewed on this site somewhere) that said that possibly the annointed class in heaven communicated light on the 1935 date? Get it? THE ANNOINTED IN HEAVEN PASS ON NEW LIGHT TO THE GOVERNING BODY!This means that the GB on earth need not be annointed----- the dead, disembodied annointed are sending "new light" from heaven now.

• still_in74
    still_in74

This means that the GB on earth need not be annointed----- the dead, disembodied annointed are sending "new light" from heaven now.
    I remember the article but it was still the surviving FDS on earth receiving the "light" and directing the org.
    I took it as the resurrected anointed being used to direct the org in the same way angels are used, not as the FDS running the org from heaven. I mean, my understanding of that is crazy enough, but to say the FDS could run the earthly org from heaven???????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit