JK is here - bruised & sore - but back

by JK666 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Maddie
    Maddie

Hello JK,

I know how you are feeling right now, I REALLY do. Take it easy and make sure you don't get hungry, lonely or tired. I am sure you know already but eat chocolate as that should help if you have the shakes.

I am glad you're going to AA tonight and seeing you're sponsor - get back on track again

I am sending you a pm so hope that's okay?

Maddie

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

mADDIE- I was trying to remember how that went.

HALT- hungry,angry,lonely,tired - is that right?

• Maddie
    Maddie

<<<<<<<AWAKE>>>>>>>>

OOPs I missed that one out ( angry). I always get that one wrong !!!!

Maddie

• BFD
    BFD

Hey, JK, it is very brave to admit when you make a mistake. You're already on the right track.

Please take care of yourself first, share your experience, strength and hope. Good things will come to you.

I am glad to know that you have plenty of support around you.

BFD

• *summer*
    *summer*

now...don't feel bad. publicly admitting your falling off the wagon takes tremendous strenght. this same strenght will get you back on that wagon. (((take care)))

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, and like AK-Jeff, I hope you didn't let that old troll get to you. He/She was just jealous because you were getting a lot of attention. Hang tough.

Sylvia

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

sorry for the rough weekend. I'm glad you are facing the problem - every day you don't drink is a successful day. I'm not an alcoholic, but a child of an alcoholic, so I understand the scene. Tell me more about HALT - I haven't heard the term before.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Hortensia - HALT is just a shortened way of saying hungry, angry, lonely, and tired

In AA one of the ways of avoiding a relapse is to make sure that you aren't feeliing any of these things. It's just a helpful suggestion really. There are quite a few different ones that AA's use as reminders to look after themselves.

Maddie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It takes courage to admit to people on a discussion board that you messed up and have taken steps to get back on track. Bravo! Being from two parents that were alcoholics, I too am aware of the implications and downfalls.

I wish you the very best from the heart.

hugs,

Annie

• prophecor
    prophecor

Strength & Honour To You, JK. Your among a wonderful company of friends.

Godspeed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit