Went to bookstudy last night, ugh!

by Wasanelder Once 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Ok, I didn't go the KH at least. I have a couple who have been my friends for years, I studied with them and they became Witnoids. He is now and MS and was conducting a book study in a home last night. They have been after me for weeks, in very subdued and kind ways, to attend. The reason I went is because the sister asked me to come and put a couple of disrespectful sisters to shame by making comments that made them look stupid. This was too tempting to resist. They are a couple of know-it-alls who treat my friends like crap. So I did. I swear I never felt so much like I was in a room full of parrots in my life. Read, question, read it again, move on. UGH. The Rev book is such crap. I commented on the par where they supposedly were the only ones declaring the kingdom was installed in 1914 back in 1919. What a load. The locust's teeth are like iron because they have chewed on truths regarding the kingdom particularly since 1919... I mentioned some of the truths they had chewed on, "they didn't know that Christ was made king in 1914 until 1927'ish. They believed that Christ was present from 1874 up till then etc. There was a bit of a hum in the room on that one. I kept it light because I want to keep these friends, they are very good people and mean a lot to me. I won't go again. Thank God for VCR's, I taped Heroes. My advice, don't go back even for close friends, it was excruciating. W.Once

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Gotta tell ya, your version of Mulberry St. ruined any chance any of them would ever see me again at any meeting. LOL It makes me sick just thinking about it, glad you got to enjoy yourself though.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Wasanelder Once

The dubs are so pathetic. The rev book is such cack They always pound 1919 like it was from Jehovah or somethin

• lawrence
    lawrence

Great one -- "The locust's teeth are like iron because they have chewed on truths regarding the kingdom particularly since 1919."

This is the "stuff" that makes me laugh louder than most - the locusts teeth, the 7 bowls (1922-1928) which were distributed tracts, the wilderness = jail for the Board of Directors of the book company.

Hell, Kabalistic Gematria is more straight forward than WT-Org-Speak.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    My advice, don't go back even for close friends, it was excruciating. W.Once

I went along, once, after I had made the break. Like you it was to please somebody.

It was the longest hour..squeezed into a little room on a little wooden chair ..At the Hall you feel that you are just one of a large audience and I can handle that . The group is smaller and more intimate and the pressure to take part is greater. If I did, I would only get myself d/'fd . Never again !.

• gumby
    gumby

Since I have been going back, the one study I do not attend is the book study. I know I couldn't handle the Revelation Book.

To think that the Apostle John wrote a book about Jehovah's Witnesses in the 20th century is beyond belief. I guess the society thinks the book of Revelation had no meaning for anyone before the witnesses began in 1876.

Gumby

Btw.....hows all you bastards doin?.....................

• gumby
    gumby

Since I have been going back, the one study I do not attend is the book study. I know I couldn't handle the Revelation Book.

To think that the Apostle John wrote a book about Jehovah's Witnesses in the 20th century is beyond belief. I guess the society thinks the book of Revelation had no meaning for anyone before the witnesses began in 1876.

Gumby

Btw.....hows all you bastards doin?.....................

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    My advice, don't go back even for close friends, it was excruciating. W.Once

I have not taken the stand that Nvrgnbk has, but I might. Thanks for the advice.

I have been wondering what I will do at the Memorial. Now I know- avoiding it.

• poppers
    poppers

Hi Gumby, great to see you.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Howdy Gumby-

How's the "comeback" going? Throw any literature in sewers lately? Ask the BOE if they needed a polish? Maybe just a little polishing? Many visits with the JC to the library after meetings? Tell us Gumby, what games in your head have you invented since you returned to la-la-land?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit