Went to bookstudy last night, ugh!

by Wasanelder Once 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juni
    juni

thanks lil bro!

sounds like the same old stuff... and some damage control too.

Juni

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    All eyes and ears were focused on this guy since he was from Bethel.

Yep, and we all know they have a direct line of communication from God, so everything he says must be obeyed .

BB

• Mum
    Mum

It has been many years since I attended a dub meeting of any kind except a funeral or two. Lucky me!

When my granddaughter was about 9-10 years old, she visited her grandpa, my ex. My daughter ordered him not to take her to the KH. So he took her to the book study, which was in a private home. My daughter did not say anything to her dad about his getting my granddaughter to a dub meeting on a technicality. She merely asked the dear child what she thought of the meeting. The wise little girl's two-word answer was, "They're insane!"

Gumby! Keep coming back!

Regards,

SandraC

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumby said: Basically the Bethel speaker gave an illustration of a few men who were abandonned a sinking ship and were hanging on a peice of wood to keep from drowning.

Was it only one kind of wood that would keep them from drowning, or would various types of wood do the trick? Would the rescuers say "get away from me" or tell someone they were not worthy of saving because they were hanging on to the wrong type of wood? Or would they save anyone they saw still alive?

One man said he couldn't hang on much longer and so he let go and disappeared into the water. Then a boat came by a half hour later and rescued the men. He said had the one man held on just a little longer he would have been spared.

Ah yes.....but when the boat doesn't show up for 93 years, I think it's safe to say that maybe it just ain't comin.....Haven't they ever heard the scripture that says: "expectation postponed is making the heart sick"??

His point was that many in the borg are letting go and that they need to hang on "just a little longer" in this system. He said he remembered when he was told he would never have to go to school. Then he was told he'd never have kids. Then he was told his kids would never have to go to school. His point was he too was familiar with the idea that the society had said the end would be here by now.......but that was no reason to give up as Jehovahs day would not be late.

This kind of crap is exactly why so many have STOPPED going. If this dipshit of a Bethelite admits that we were all lied to and then claims that that "was no reason to give up", then he's got rocks in his head. That's like Ken Lay or Jeff Skilling telling the Enron employees that they may have gotten ripped off, screwed out of their pensions, their benefits and their jobs, but that was "no reason to give up" on the company............Ya, riiiight.

He also said the ONLY reason a person should pursue "higher education" was to aid them in the fulltime preaching work and that if that was not the reason.....one should never entertain the idea to better themselves in this dying system of things by going to college.

Gosh.....why does that sound soooooo familiar???

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years.

• VM44
    VM44

Gumby, would you happen to remember what this Bethel speaker's name was? --VM44

• gumby
    gumby

Mary, excellent points....as always. That AWAKE! article was one I'd forgotten.

VM

Gumby, would you happen to remember what this Bethel speaker's name was? --VM44

His name was brother "Cotten". He was a tall black brother with a strong speaking voice. Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit