What was your first car?

by nicolaou 95 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

My very own first car was a Ford KA (which i loved) which i bought off mum when it was 2yrs old. It's 6 now and i just exchanged it last week for a new 5 door fiesta (so i'd be ok out in the ministry now lol) as i need more room now and kept banging my head climbing in the back to strap the boys in!

My first car together with hubby was his vauxhall nova (hated it - i need power steering!) and then we bought a new fiesta and now he has a ford focus (trying to save up for a galaxy people carrier will be 5 of us soon)

• ferret
    ferret

In 1955 I bought a 1938 chevy it was 17 years old just like me. I drove it for over a year before I traded up 10 years to a 1948 chevy. I paid 75:00$ for it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

My second car was a 1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster. Very comfy 4 dr sedan with mohair seat covers and headliner. To start it you pressed a foot switch next to the gas pedal. I also paid $75.00 for it. It had 65,000 mi. on it and was in beautiful condition except sometimes it would pop out of 3rd gear when doing about 50 mph so I learned to hold the shift lever inplace by resting my right hand on it.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

oompa i love those cars...a girl in my hall had one and i was sooooooo jealous!!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I was impressed by the list of cars someone posted up above - tried to remember all the cars I've had. I had the 59 VW convertible, then a little green car, PEC remembers that one, and a really really old gangster looking car (the block cracked on that one) and a red Ford my mother sold to me for $500 which was about twice what it was worth, but I drove it for many years. Then I had three Lincoln Continentals (one after the other), a Ford 150 truck (diesel - god knows what I was thinking there!!!)a couple of Toyotas, a couple of Honda sedans, a Honda CRV, a couple of Ford Explorers, and now I'm on my second Crown Vic, which is my favorite car ever. That's in about 40 years of driving.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Volkswagen Beetle.

Ian

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

1974 Chevy Vega...3 speed paid $200 for it!

• Dagney
    Dagney

The very first...1962 Doge Polara...pushbuttons, and 4 barrel...I'm not sure what that means but it was really really fast.

Then a Ford Cortina

Fiat 124

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Chevy nova convertable...blue... I painted flowers on the convertable top. The circuit servant gave my elder dad fits. My dad told him that flowers were created by Jehovah and he saw nothing wrong with using them to add beauty to my car. My dad won. I kept my decorations on my 2 door car.

I was in college at the time....

Coffee

• Gregor
    Gregor

The very first...1962 Doge Polara...pushbuttons, and 4 barrel...I'm not sure what that means but it was really really fast.

Dag,

When this car was new, I fell in love with it. I went by the dealer and picked up a brochure, etc. I was 17 yrs old and there was no way on this earth I could have bought one but I became semi obsessed with it. I even phoned the dealer and talked to a salesman about how much down and what would the payments be, etc. Typical teenage boy car crush. Thanks for the jogging the memory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit