What was your first car?

by nicolaou 95 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Mine was an old fiat 127, I bought it 1983 and it was at least fifteen years old then! The seats were vinyl and there were no rear seatbelts so I could send my girlfriend and her sister flying with each bend in the road! It wouldn't go above 55mph and was rattling like rollercoaster when it finally got there.

The rear window fell out and it finally croaked in puff of blue/black smoke. God I loved it!

fiat 127

• BFD
    BFD

1962 Ford Falcon. It was 14 years old when I bought it. It was a very fast car. Just had to tap the accelerator and VRoooooom! I wrecked it on a bridge. CRash!

BFD

• JK666
    JK666

a '67 Ford Station Wagon. I inherited it when my Dad bought a new car. It was fine for high school and going to work. I knew that I wanted better after graduation.

JK

• Gopher
    Gopher

A 1974 Plymouth Duster, 2 doors, V8 318 engine.

It could really accelerate.

It was not an approved 4-door field ministry car, but it got used quite often anyhow.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

a 1973 Dodge Charger. Red w. white vinyl roof, 318HP, still wish I had it. *sniff* My Ex traded it in shortly after I got married (10-1973) for a 1975 Ford Pinto.

LINDA

Photo: http://www.americandreamcars.com/1973chargerse112404.htm

(imagine this in red & white)

• golf2
    golf2

A 1952 Chevy. Sorry no picture. This car took me from Boston to Montreal on $5.00 worth gas. Money went some where back in the good old days.

Golf

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

1977 Mercury Cougar, 2 door, Chocolate Brown interior/exterior

I kid you not, i did not learn how to drive until after i was married!!!

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

A 1984 Renault Alliance. To my knowledge they don't sell Renault in the states anymore, it was imported by AMC.

I had to bang on the starter to get it started. Silly French. ~LL06

• Clam
    Clam

I saved hard for my first car, while getting around on a motorcycle. Then I purchased a used Alfa Romeo 1300GT. Fabulous car. .

alfa1974.jpg picture by elvishimmler

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was a Vauxhall Astra which I had purchased new in 1987 soon after I began working. In fact I still have it and it's going strong, I spent a lot on maintainance for it in fact £850 when it had 75 000 miles on the clock, to renew a lot of things and since then it's done really well with very little spent beyond the usual services. It's now at nearly 115 000 miles.

You can talk about solid German car technology of the 1980's. Though put together in England most of the parts are German made by Opel. In Germany the same car is called Opel Kadett.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit