nine pages of BS from October AWAKE

by purplesofa 54 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I hope that some of you lurkers out here really take a look at some of the thread in this section of the board.

This AWAKE magazine says not one thing about how families are asked to trust their elders and how these very elders were and are abusing their children. It mentions nothing about watching out for these trusted men in the congregations.............oh it brings out the internet, other family members and FATHERS and males in particular.

It will tell you how much your child needs to do to prevent something like this from happening. It does not say one thing about how your child will need two witnesses to prove to the body of elders that abuse really happened.

If ever I wanted to tell the organization to F off its with this article. It is the most hypicrital BS I ever have seen put out. I just cant believe the scum they really are.

They wont bring out in this article any of the coverups they themselves have been part of to perpetuate this problem. How they have kept these pediphiles hidden and transferred them around.

This article will not tell you the cases that have been in court and the settlements that have been paid out to families........the courts holding the society FINANCIALLY responsible themselves for the continuation of sexual abuse. Money your contributions are paying for.

But they will put the burden of responsibility on the parents and the children for what happens. I dont think I have ever been more angry than I am now at the harm this organization has done. I am almost shaking.

quotes from the article.

......This is certainly sad news, but are such developments surprising? Not to students of the Bible, God's Word explains that we are living in a troubled period of time called "the last days...................

Here are there three ways they list to protect a child

1. Become your child's first line of defense against abuse

2. give your shild some needed background education, and

3. equip your child with some basic protective tools

If a child is taught that he must always obey any adult, regardless of the circumstances, he is vulnerable to abuse. Molesters are quick to notice when children aer overly compliant. Wise parents teach their children that obediance is relative. For Christians, that is not as complicated as it may sound..............

That goes for all the freaking obediance they ask for themselves, the FDS.

I hate this organization now more than ever.

For those that are active, you will have a copy, for those that do not have a copy I scanned it. After reading this board and researching the coverups of child abuse, I just dont see how this article and the timing of it cannot make your stomach turn.

Keep your kids away from the Kingdom Hall, they will never be safer!

I will post scan in my reply.

purps

Screw you, the governing body, your protection advice sucks

• purplesofa
  • Gayle
    Gayle

I didn't read what should be done if there 'is' a violation, no suggestion to talk to elders or police, etc. They've stopped short of the follow through. I didn't read that the elders or the organization will help, which we know they won't.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Don't suppose you could scan page 9 for us? It seems to be missing.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

jringe01:

Don't suppose you could scan page 9 for us? It seems to be missing.

she noticed it...she posted page 6 twice...I think she is working on it now.

Snakes ()

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

sorry

its fixed........

thanks for letting me know

purps

edited to add: there is a recall on 1 million baby cribs right now. thats alot of cribs and alot of money. The WT needs to be held accountable for their actions.

• outnfree
    outnfree

What makes me sick is that the WTS NEVER apologizes, never admits wrongdoing!
    It is arrogant to the extreme and despite the recent adverse court ruling the articles do not appear to represent any change in the status quo of handling child abuse at the hands of other Witnesses--family members or not.

out

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is a great job, Purps. It shows your passion and your concern for children.

On p. 5, they say 90 percent of cases involve someone the child knows and trusts.
    Quote- "Naturally, you do not want to believe that an affable neighbor, teacher, health-care
    worker, coach, or relative could lust after your child."

I thought it would be simple to add after coach, "congregation member." I understand
    legalism. That would still not be implicating themselves, but would be part of a first line of defense.

Going beyond legalism, it would not have been too difficult to explain the lawsuit issue and put a
    JW spin on it-

Yes, it is true that WTS recently settled lawsuits over the issue of how counsel was given to
    families with a victim of child-abuse. In these cases, WTS has traditionally applied the Biblical
    rule of "two witnesses" (cite the scriptures) BLAH BLAH BLAH.

WTS has since revised it's policy to encourage families to seek professional help from the
    authorities and the trained counsellors. Rather than abide by the two-witness rule, the congregations
    will follow a court ruling if the accused abuser was a Witness.

All parents are reminded to keep their children within sight, even while in field service with trusted
    brothers and sisters. Do not send them with others, no matter how willing those others are. Since it
    is not policy to announce from the platform, names of predators, WTS is insisting that parents and
    other members use the utmost of safety and not allow their child to be put into a situation where they
    would be isolated with members away from family.

I know the legal dept. would have to refine that, but it easily would have made them look better.
    Instead, they use this world-wide problem as another proof of the end right around the corner and
    never address any problem within the "Christian congregations."

Thanks for the hard work, Purps.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The contents is not actually BS but it is hypocrisy and leaves some things out.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Yes, it is true that WTS recently settled lawsuits over the issue of how counsel was given to
    families with a victim of child-abuse. In these cases, WTS has traditionally applied the Biblical
    rule of "two witnesses" (cite the scriptures) BLAH BLAH BLAH.

WTS has since revised it's policy to encourage families to seek professional help from the
    authorities and the trained counsellors. Rather than abide by the two-witness rule, the congregations
    will follow a court ruling if the accused abuser was a Witness.

All parents are reminded to keep their children within sight, even while in field service with trusted
    brothers and sisters. Do not send them with others, no matter how willing those others are. Since it
    is not policy to announce from the platform, names of predators, WTS is insisting that parents and
    other members use the utmost of safety and not allow their child to be put into a situation where they
    would be isolated with members away from family.

amen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit