Is belief in God just the ultimate in CYA?

by nvrgnbk 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Vinny
    Vinny

The title of your thread can be an insult, to many, Nvr.

As for this being a JW recovery site, why then continue to put up "atheist-like" topics and comments?

If you truly want to believe, as you say, do you think starting a thread titled, "IS BELIEF IN GOD JUST THE ULTIMATE IN COVERING YOUR ASS", really the best way to accomplish that?

food for thought...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

food for thought...

Thanks, Vinny.

You seem more angry than I do.

Why is that?

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

As for this being a JW recovery site, why then continue to put up "atheist-like" topics and comments?

ummmm cause it's called free speech! Unlike the JW's, we have an open forum that ones are free to express their ideas in.

• Vinny
    Vinny

My apology if I sound angry. I would just like to be able to go to the active topics and not have to see numerous topics where atheists attack believers.

As you well know, I have jumped in for weeks at a time. I have been very conscious to stay away from these kinds of threads because we all know what happens. But then I see this and several others similar.

In all honesty, you must know that the title of this thread is an insult to those that believe in and worship a higher entity.

I am not attacking you. I probably could have been a little softer from the beginning. I do apologize for that.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I was wondering, Vinny, if atheist topics and comments aren't welcome here, what else needs to be avoided?

Are ridiculous posts about personal interpretations of Bible chronology acceptable?

There is a woman here, Merry Magdalene, that is a Muslim. Are her views to be allowed?

Which view, precisely, would you have presented that is safe and encouraging to those recovering from the JW experience?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I am not attacking you. I probably could have been a little softer from the beginning. I do apologize for that.

We're fine.

I'm really trying to work things out in my own mind.

As I've explained on this thread, we're all seeking clarity.

If you can find a way to give me some, I'm open to that.

I'd welcome it in fact.

Peace!

• Vinny
    Vinny

Allowing your views to be known, and pushing your views on others, or knocking the views of others are two different matters.

You are constantly making comments that knock believers on the JWD. Want me to post them?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    In all honesty, you must know that the title of this thread is an insult to those that believe in and worship a higher entity.

Just don't open the thread if you're one of those that might get insulted. Simple as that, Vinny.

• Vinny
    Vinny

"I'm really trying to work things out in my own mind. As I've explained on this thread, we're all seeking clarity. "

I have no problems with atheists, agnostics, believers or something in between. I just see so many threads lately that knock those that do believe. That's all this is about.

Sure open forums are great to share and sharpen each other. I respect that and try to get involved to some degree too.

It just appears that there have been many attacks on those that believe from those that do not. IMO...

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Just don't open the thread if you're one of those that might get insulted. Simple as that, Vinny.

Sometimes being insulted is a good thing Vinny! Kinda gets your blood flowing, makes you think and gets you to defend your beliefs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit