Is belief in God just the ultimate in CYA?

by nvrgnbk 63 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Ohh, right! ...No-no, don't change the title on my account, I am the only one who did not know that

I didn't know it either, clipsy. I thought it meant "See Ya!"

What's up w/ the text lingo Nvr? Are you 13?

"IDK, my BBF Jill."

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sorry, sweetface, it's not text lingo.

Edited to add:

LOL!

I just realized that yes, it can be text lingo.

I apologize for the confusion.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

No nvr

It is better to ask forgiveness than beg permission.

Let him do what he wilt to me.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

I suppose there are quite a few who beilieve just to cover their 'arse', but on the other hand, there are many sincere people who believe for very different reasons, including myself.

jelcat

• eclipse
    eclipse

When I was a believer, I believed with all of my heart and out of love and awe.

I did not believe out of fear nor for the selfish reason of eternal life on paradise (as I did not think I would make it).

I just believed because I thought god was real, and I thought he cared.

• poppers
    poppers

I didn't know what cya meant either. Thanks for the clarification.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Would God be convinced and/or impressed by such belief?

• oompa
    oompa

No, I think the ULTIMATE CYA is coming up with the "new light" teaching in order to explain away all the false teachings.

true is true..false is false...oompa

• 5go
    5go

Yep God is the Ultimate CYA.

A lot of rich people suddenly have developed faith in Christ. I wonder if it is because they see the writing on the wall with regards to the poor people rising up to take them out.

I wonder how the keep over looking the chances of a rich men making it into heaven is the same a camel going through a needle's eye. I know some churches have tried hard to form an apologetics to say otherwise but, it doesn't sound like god likes greedy rich type people. In fact didn't he say give it all away to prove your faith, and then come follow me!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Never,

I love that we can discuss freely what would be considered verboten in the presence of polite JW society. Oxymoron.

Recovered from shattered faith in the WT and its lies, manipulation and dishonest scholarship, I am leery of the whole enchilada and am determined to find a foundation to my still existing faith in the Divine. Yet I haven't found the answer to the question, 'How did man, if come to earth sans divine intervention, develop conscience and the universal concept of worship?'

Do you know, Never? Are there links to the above query?

You asked ..............!

CoCo un peu confus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit