Is There Something You'd Like To Tell A Witness "Lurker" Right Now?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

If it's the truth why are they so afraid of you checking out what they say for yourself?

That QFR in the September 2007 KM should be a clue.

• flipper
    flipper

I would like to say this to all lurkers here and now. I was once as you are now, born and raised as a witness . I like you, believed everything the witnesses told me, and was sincere in my convictions, maybe as you are. But, please listen carefully to me, and others. There are important things which are morally repugnant that the governing body and watchtower society is doing right now that they are NOT telling you for fear of losing members . First of all know that God gave you a mind. It's not a sin to think and use it, even if using it reveals that things you once believed are not true. Child molestation , which has been covered over in the witness organization , has caused some to be disfellowshipped for just reporting it to elders. Even victims have been unsupported ,chastised, and expelled for revealing names of elders or ministerial servants who have committed these atrocities. The watchtower society and governing body is aware of a database file of up to about 23,000 pedophiles which are still in your organization and allowed to go out in service , preaching to others about a moral life. The watchtower society in California was ordered by a court decision to release the names of these people, but refused. To avoid being required by the courts to do so, they settled 16 child molestation lawsuits with witness victims out of court and put a gag order on the victims so they would not talk !!

So, I ask any lurkers this simple question, Do you want to be identified with an organization that does such things? Only you can answer

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I guess I'd say that I was born and raised a JW and have been out of the org. as many years as I was in it. I am much much happier now and I wish that for everyone who is surfing these pages and checking out the forum. However, it's your life, live it the way you want to live it. If you have questions, ask - you'll get a lot of answers and might find the one you need to hear. As Mr. Flipper would say, Peace, Out.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

To the person who told me that Witnesses never shun. You are not an honourable man. Everyone here has said they shun, or for the most part are being shunned. Hundreds of people here say you are full of s%^t. You also told me I am a good friend, and I see you simply do not call me any more. You cannot possibly shun me. I was never one of you gutless, spinless, insensitve, arrogant, unintelligent, humourless, uneducated Witnesses ever and will never open one of your fake bibles ever again. If you actually believe that there is room for liars in your social circle, I have bad news for you. It's all a contradiction."Heaven" is not a place for crooks and liars. And having to fill in time cards...outrageous.

You boast that there are 6 million of you. Ok divide that by 6 billion of you and you amount to nothing. Many of you should be tried for murder, and a bunch for pedophaelia. 20 years each should do it.

Thanks all for the opportunity.

• oompa
    oompa

Start with the basics that are so simple yet mean so much about truth. Where do we find it? Mainly in the New world translation, what do you know about, how was it put togegther, and does it make MAJOR changes in its texts that no other bilbles in the world do. While we have done an excellent job of restoring the name Jehovah in the Hebrew scriptures thousand of times, the tetragrammation never appears even one time in the most ancient Christian Greek Scriptures. so it is just not there. Check the Insight book under Jehovah and it wll verify this. Also Apendix 1-d says that scribes must have removed the name jehovah, however there is no support for this position. Despite the lack of evidence, we have incerted the name jehovah where the words "

'kyi;oss and Theos appear. We say we do it when quoting fform the hbrew scriputres by that is a lie since we also put the name jehovah where there are no quotes from the hebrew. So yeah, we actually do have our "OWN" bible, unlike any others in the world!

it starts rotting right here in the bible, and goes down hill corruping exponetionally as it is used.

what a mess......oompa

• Vinny
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I would say google up whats the meaning of life.

Google up Jesus fact or fiction.

Google up is there a god.

Then I would say run like hell from this site.

And quit playing on the computer.

Because ignorance is bliss.

Reality can be scarry and not pretty and very bruttle.

There doesnt seem to be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Try thinking for yourself, make your own choices, make your own reasonings, try reading the Bible without a Watchtower aid or even try reading a different translation of the Bible and compare the two. Don't be afraid to disagree with the Elders or any JW even. If there is a God and he did give you the power of choice & freedom then USE it and don't just gullably swallow everything the Watchtower Society tells you.

LFCv

• minimus
    minimus

Don't be brain dead.

• JayAre
    JayAre

I lurked for a long time (we're talking years) and not because I thought it was still 'the truth'. Some people - myself included - just aren't into sharing stuff. The thought of posting stuff is just a little too much. In your own time guys...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit