A horrible scary thing happened to my daughter. You won't believe this

by coffee_black 40 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Update:

The restaurant that caused this mess is very close to where my daughter works. Apparently some of her coworkers know employees and former employees from the restaurant. A couple of them, when hearing what happened to my daughter have come forward to say they are willing to testify in behalf of my daughter if she chooses to take legal action. They have saod that the conditions are deplorable there...and handling of food of all kinds is unsanitary. One of them quit over the conditions. I'm not sure what she will do. I think she wants to get her sea legs back and think it through before she decides.

I won't name the restaurant, but I'm sure that no matter where in the world you live, you know the name.

Coffee

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I am thankful she seems well now and can proceed from here to better health. I am scared to death for the other kids though and any little ones exposed to this! Kids with any problem could be having severe reactions. Did her doctor contact the hospitals or whatever needs to be done so that diagnosis can made for others who might wonder what in the world is happening to them? Of course the company doesn't want her to say anything! This is the kind of story that belongs on the 6 o'clock news to alert the general public!!!!! Anyone could be poisoned by this! I swear more and more I try not to think what is going on in the kitchen when I eat out. It is so scary! I love it, yet I wonder what I am risking. You know they don't handle food as carefully as you do at home. And as my kids say...The most important ingredient is love!!! Edited to add: oops! I read this so fast and just went back to reread the story. It was on the news. The public WAS warned. Sorry. It is just so upsetting when these things happen. I should take a minute before I comment! (Add embarrassed face here!)

• rebel8
    rebel8

"I won't name the restaurant, but I'm sure that no matter where in the world you live, you know the name."

I have had food poisoning a few times, had significant and very sudden/rapid intestinal bleeding twice and easily could have died if I didn't happen to be 5 minutes from the Emergency Department both times.....just because people didn't exercise common freaking courtesy and be clean.

I know a lady, otherwise healthy, who got food poisoning and had so many side effects that she wound up having a stroke and being in a coma. She survived but is still disabled.

God forbid we make the effort to wash our hands or bucket! That's only for the germaphobes. /8(

Once it was from an Egg McMuffin, but I also won't name the restaurant. ;)

There is a web site, something like rusick2.com, where she can register her symptoms and where she ate. This way officials can find out if there's an outbreak affecting others. I did, and found out there was an outbreak at that time at that restaurant.

No golden arches for me, ever again.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Fortunately I never had really serious poisoning, usually an upset stomach and/or diarrhea that go away in a day or two. Except once when I had Camembert cheese in France and that put me in bed for four days and I couldn't eat anything except boiled vegetables because my stomach was so sensitive.

It took nearly one month for my stomach to eventually come back to 100% normal so I could again eat anything. And I won't touch Camembert cheese ever since.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Yup, I think your daughter oughta sue not only for their unclean conditions, but for pain and suffering, missed wages etc. Tell her we are thinking about her.

Leslie

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

First off -- I'm sorry about your daughter!.. I can't understand how a business can think that is ok!

It reminded me of an experience I had last month. A co-worker of mine has this favorite restaurant he likes to go to. The last time I went with a group, I got sick. I was the only one so I figured I had some kind of virus or something. Then later on, we went back. I noticed when we were leaving on the wall how they had failed 4 of their health inspections!! .. So I went to the state's website and looked up why -- It said it was for rodents twice, improper hand washing, not keeping food prep areas clean. Sure enough, that afternoon, I got sick again! .. I will not go there again! What upsets me is that the health department hasn't even shut them down!

I hope she gets better soon.

Renee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Update:

My daughter is feeling much better, but is having difficulty finding a lawyer willing to take on this fast food restaurant chain. She has talked to a number of them, and has a couple of possibilities...

I'll keep you posted.

Coffee

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

OMG - I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Get some rest and give your daughter a hug from me. Then have her hug you, from me.

Sue them - that is evil.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Awakeandwatching,

She is better now, but the worst of it is that she is in Florida and I'm in Massachusetts. No real hugs possible...just phone conversations.

Coffee

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Get a lawyer!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit