A 'cure' for homosexuality?

by ThomasCovenant 62 Replies latest members adult

• BFD
    BFD

Touche'

BFD

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Anyone that says homosexuality is 'natural' is delusional IMHO.

Homophobia rules!

• Open mind
    Open mind

5thGeneration said:

Anyone that says homosexuality is 'natural' is delusional IMHO.

Makes perfect sense when you add the "IMHO":

In My Homophobic Opinion

Glad you clarified that.

Wonder if you'd feel the same way if your child told you they were gay and couldn't change.

Open Mind

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

And just because Marge calls me Homey doesn't mean I'm gay either

Just call me gay and I'll give you such a pinch

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    As we were discussing what our views are on various subjects my relative said that he doesn't agree with homosexuality as he believes that it is not the normal way of nature. Species will die out without reproduction and therefore homosexuality is an illness or aberration the same as Downs syndrome.

Here is a great example of all-or-nothing thinking. Sure it would be completely unnatural if a species is 100% homosexual and fails to reproduce. It is unnatural because NOTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENS IN NATURE. So this argument has nothing to do with biological reality, in which across species there is always a certain percentage that is non-reproducing for behavioral or physical reasons. The facts are that a species can easily tolerate having a certain proportion of its population be non-reproducing if they contribute to the survival of the species in other ways. A well-known example are non-laying worker bees who perform a great number of tasks in support of the hive. And many of those who are "gay" or at some point in their lives manifest same-sex behavior are NOT non-reproducing either. Moreover, sexuality is not simply for reproduction and it has other social functions that contribute to the species' health. Here is an interesting article on this from an evolutionary perspective: http://seedmagazine.com/news/2006/06/the_gay_animal_kingdom.php?page=all&p=y

• BFD
    BFD

5gen can't help it.

I called him delusional on another thread so he came here to attack me.

5gen, just go back to the KH and everything will be just fine. After all it IS an appealing message.

BFD

• Clam
    Clam

Leolaia absolutely spot on, and thanks for the article. Very interesting. Gay Giraffe Orgies eh?

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Leolaia

Thanks for the link.

Thomas Covenant

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

So funny how people start throwing out 'homophobic' label on anyone who simply doesn't agree that homosexuality is 'natural'.

I didn't judge anyone, didn't degrade anyone, didn't bash gays.

Okay. I stand corrected.

Homosexuality is totally natural.

Thanks for setting me straight (pardon the pun).

Oh, and BFD, you attacked me first by calling me delusional. Tell the real story before bashing others.

• Gopher
    Gopher

5th generation -- you were the first to apply a label - 'unnatural' - to a whole group of people, including some very good ones who happen to post on this forum.

Labelling is a sign of fear of the unknown, or else lack of education. I wouldn't call you uneducated, so my guess is FEAR, or PHOBIA of a different style than you have.

If you can't accept that homosexuals, in the main, are that way BY NATURE, you're participating in fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit