A 'cure' for homosexuality?

by ThomasCovenant 62 Replies latest members adult

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Thanks for the comments. Please note for any that may not be able to see, there is a possibility that I may be acting as Devils advocate here.

Putting aside arguements about monogamy it does appear that in the animal kingdom the majority of life forms are heterosexual and the primary purpose of sexual relations would be to propagate the species. At least in my limited sphere of knowledge it is. As at present homosexual relations do not result in offspring my relatives' arguement that it is 'not natural' is one that I wish to counter argue with him again. Any advice?

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• changeling
    changeling

FWI most paedophiles are heterrosexual men that's a known fact.

Define natural.

Down syndrome is a chromosone defect.

changeling

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

im confused. homosexuals invented non-vaginal intercourse? im thinking way-back in olden times, some dude probably realized that putting mr. popo in a different hoohoo on the same person might feel just as good, so he tried it. i dont think homosexuals have a monopoly on alternative dirtiness, straights are just as inventive, i can assure you.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I personally have a gay brother so I'm a little versed on the subject

As regard to a cure, there has been controlled studies done already where a group of gay men were given testosterone over a period of time,

the surprising effect of the treatment was just the opposite of what they expected the men actually became more aggressive with homosexual desires.

In my family there are 5 boys, we were all brought up with same parents, the one gay one had different character traits of being gay as young as 10 yrs. old.

Homosexuality is a biological unbalance and is not to be confused as a social sin.

Of course in ancient times men were not aware of this, it was of this ignorance that they demonetized homosexuals

If anyone stills agrees with those 3 thousand old men perhaps you might want to pull your head out of your ass and take a look at

a calender it says 2007 on it .

Of course homosexuality is not natural, speaking in a biological sense, this is apparently obvious.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

If homosexuality was something that was harmful to the individual or the society, then one could say it would warrant looking for a cure.

I do agree with the opening post that after leaving the JWs, we have to make up our minds on things that was a given before. We have to think things through with a new set of glasses, as it were.

-Some claim that evolution 'dictates' that homosexuality is wrong, because it is an evolutionary dead-end. To some degree this is correct, however evolution is not Evolution; there is no intelligent guiding force there to decide what goes and doesn't go. If homosexuality had been 'against' evolution, it would have disappeared long ago. But obviously - being gay is not an evolutionary advantage; it's not something that is naturally selected for (for that to happen, it would have had to be in a scenario where most heterosexuals died from a disease only lethal to them, and gay men had children with lesbians). But then again it's not an inherited trait either it seems - it just occurs here and there for no apparent reason (as of yet), and in fairly small numbers compared to the general, heterosexual population.

-From a (biblical) God/religion point of view, I guess people there think it's wrong because it's "using your body" in a way that God didn't intend when he created humans as man/woman (and obviously the couple of scriptures they usually quote). If so, it would be very unfair to the gay people that they would have to fight this 'problem' all their lives, while for straight people it would (eventually, in marriage) be a source of pleasure and would be exactly what was expected of them. OK - so life in general isn't fair - but... God in his almighty, future-seeing wisdom should have at least prevented 'gay' from ever occurring in that case. It's not a sin to have a disease, but being gay is it seems, so it should have been prevented from the start in that case. Strictly speaking, sex was created solely in order to have children (what other 'God given' intention would it have?), so in that sense, straight couples are doing a lot of 'unnatural' things as well.

As long as it's true that people fall in love with and are attracted to others of the same sex (and it's mutual and consensual, of course), I don't see anything wrong with it.

I think that's my current view on it (still in the process of forming/changing my own ethical guidelines).

• valkyrie
    valkyrie
    I was going to say that I hope more men will be gay so that there will be more women for the rest of us. But then I realised the lesbians probably balance things out. Aw, shucks!

BUT, IAN!: You've already told us time and again that you are a "one-woman man."

Sorry, but you're done for, whatever the size of the available pool!

;-)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Homosexual = birth control WTF????? Sex is not just for pro-creation. Sex and sexuality whether it be hetero or homo, is as natural as natural gets.

Nothing to be feared, nothing to think of as nasty or dirty. Start talking about sex and people get all crazy, hush hush. Don't talk about it, keep it quiet

I'm sorry, I have my own issues about people not tolerating sexual discussions.......

Anyway, why can't we accept people for who they are? Why do some feel the need to define, fix or cure?

nj

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Homerovahthealmighty,

With all due respect, please give me your definition of the word natural.

• JK666
    JK666

Fundamentalist societies have found a cure. In Iran they call it "hanging."

JK

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

natural = what the TRUE NATURE OF REALITY IS DOING -- hello!! everything is NATURAL the idea that what HUMANS do is UN-natural is from pig-brained religious nut cases who REJECT NATURE as they find it and DEMAND we conform to FALSE IDEAL FANTASIES. now, having said that--- what is natural does not equal healthy, good, or any other comparitive judgement. viruses are natural so is arsnec... beneficial must be judged by a valid standard such as health or oriented to some goal. I find there is one goal behind all goals, namely peace of mind...so for me every move has become a gamble to some degree at long term peace of mind... what option before me will allow me to get there while decreasing the maxium amount of anxiety and pain in the process...sometimes relief of pain or anxiety can cause gambles which are not to pretty in the long term and many addiction inspired acts reflect this...as a sort of tunnel vision envelopes the mind and only the short term relief from pain/anxiety by means of whatever it takes to reach that moment of satisfaction. Pedophiles and homosexuals were linked and still are in the minds of many because both of them were equally damned to death by the many and in some places still are. Both of them are driven to their particular goals despite the real possibility of being killed for obtainting them... and many of them would take a cure if one were found... rather than be killed. [it dont take a genius to figure this $#!+ out] in cultures were homosexuality is tolerated to whatever degree, there is not many seeking a cure because there is no danger much greater than anyone else in the population.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit