Untolerable, Unheard of and down right Unbelievable experiences

by REBORNAGAIN 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

That was funny Wednesday! . I needed that.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

For years I was passed over for "privileges" until one day when I was about 22 and some elder came up and asked if I wanted to advance. I was of course dumb enough to say "sure" and he replied it was time for me to think about getting baptised...

And I told him so. He said my card did not reflect that information. I said I can get all the information and witnesses to the event but said no that was okay. I do not know if my publisher card was ever updated because I was never used and then I moved to a different cong and another and so on...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I wasn't allowed to work handling props on a drama with my grandfather because a group of elders started gossip about me regarding misremembered events some eight years prior. Once the talk got started these same elders went to the CO to challenge me for "fitness" to be on the stage while my name was "under reproach."

Asses.

I had an elder tell me he thought I was lying when I claimed to be too sick to go to the meetings. I told him I didn't like to speak about it but that the Government apparently believed I really was sick, since they sent me an SSI check every month (back then I was clinically diagnosed with CFS and my mom had to help bathe me). He said he didn't believe me. I had to show him the check stub to get him to back off.

An elder once told me to "dumb down" my comments. Seems his counsel was in line with the current direction of the organization if the September KM is any example.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• wednesday
    wednesday

Tyrone, I hope that did not sound like i am man bashing. I think men are wonderful humans. I have sons and I have heard the other side of the story, ie, girls who literally tried to rape them. I just think it so crazy that the wts would actually say stuff like men having needs, urges, and then or course compare a woman to a cow . I should not be surprised it being a patriarchal organization.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I understand wednesday. Things go both ways.

I think it was Freddy Franz that made that wonderful quote about women being cows. Another good quote is from Rutherford who wrote. Women are nothing more than a bag of bones and a tuft of hair, if I remember correctly.

These guys really set the tone for fine works, don't they.

• Lease
    Lease

i have lots of stories. and i too felt very picked on and made a scapegoat. but, funny thing was ..... the brothers wanted to fool around with me because they believed i was a bad girl. one day i was walking up to my studies house. and who was on the block, but an elder and a brother. the elder comes up to me, and in front of my study, without saying a word, starts choking me. i kept saying "stop! stop!" i was bent over trying to get him off and away from me. he finally let go. i was mad and embarressed. i told him "what is wrong with you!" and he acted as if he didnt do anything. Then, a couple of weeks later. i am at the KH talking to a new brother and this teenage brother comes up to me and starts choking me. Yes, literally, his hands on my neck, choking me. the new brother was shocked. i kept saying "stop, stop". he had me bent over and facing the floor. the new brother finally said "hey, uh, you should let her go". when the teenage brother let go. i said "what is wrong with you, dont ever touch me". But, this is not the only time, and also in different congregations where brothers have physically bullied me, a young, single sister , alone in the truth. 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 107 pounds.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Jeez, Lease, those creeps are dirtbags, undeserving of the name, men.

They should have been or should be reported to the cops.

• Lease
    Lease

sure right cyd, i cant believe it myself. the ELDER brother (who choked me in front on my bible study), and the teenage brother, both didnt say a word to me. just walked up and started choking me. strange...... oh, geez, now i am starting to remember more incidents. but, i am happy now. i have love all around me. there was the incident....after i was disfellowshipped. a married brother Cain, called me and wanted us to "hook up" . Another brother Isaiah, after i was reinstated....he would call me .....to see if we could "hook up". Once, when a group of elders were counseling me about Elder Dove and not to be friendly....i didnt understand.....then after a while....i got it.....Married Elder Dove had told another elder (and i didnt even know this, total surprise) that he wanted to take me to Mexico and leave his wife. Well, Elder Muskrat was very strong about not talking to brothers or hanging around them. I told him at this "meeting" that if that were the case, why did last week, he take me in his truck, by himself, to go joy riding around the district convention, when i thought he was just taking me to my assignment. He said his wife found out and he was already admonished about his conduct. but, i didnt even get an apology. I tell you the list goes on. I was told to leave this congregation and the new congregation was warned about me.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I found out that one of the elders who sat in judgement of me, is married to a woman who used to have sex with a guy while out on feild service. I guess it's a big family secret. The guy that was screwing her, was doing other girls as well, and actually had gotten one of these girls pregnant. It was one of his thrills to do this, while going door to door. I know the child of that unfornate incident.

These guys have pasts and so do the women. My eyeballs almost popped out of my head, when I found out.

How dare these low life scum bags, sit in judgement of me! They hide behind the fact that it was long ago, and no one knows. Well I know . If having sex while out on service isn't enough to get your ass booted out, I don't know what is. He eventually got the boot, she never did. For the most part its usually the guys fault in my cong. never the girl.

Man I've caught witnesses in strip bars, that begged me not to tell anyone. I've even heard of wife swapping going on. I just can't beleive these people think that they're riteous and I'm evil. What the hell are they thinking, when they shun people. I've seen and heard it all. That's why regardless of doctrine, this is an evil religion. I need look no further.

I don't mind playing by rules. Never did. I don't even mind getting punished by those rules if I break them, but for Christ sake, I think sometimes that those rules were made just for me, and no one else!

• Lease
    Lease

my incidents happened years ago. i am 42 now. i was 25-35 when the incidents occurred. i was about 38 when i left the jw's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit