Sorry i need to get this off my Chest

by KW13 25 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

My thought too Karl. ^^^

Love, Juni

• flipper
    flipper

KW- I'm so sorry to hear Megan and you have to deal with this stress. Life is stressful enough, then to throw in a mother in law who won't acknowledge pedophilia in a son is just too much to have to deal with. I would try as some posters already suggested to get out of that environment as soon as you financially and physically can for the protection of your wife and young one. I really wonder sometimes how some sexual abusers were even born alive out of a normal womb! Jeez! Save your loved ones, dude! Peace to you, peace out, Mr. Flipper

• delilah
    delilah

What a nasty situation Karl. As a mom, it would be damned hard to be in that situation, with a child who abused another child. HOWEVER.......I'd definitely side with the child who was abused....and chances are, the son will only abuse again, if he's denying it.

That's a very sobering thought. shudder....meantime, does dear Megan need any counselling? Sometimes it helps.

Just keep your distance from the m/i/l and keep your wife and son safe.

Much love to you both.

Delilah

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Glad you came back for some relief from all the stress.

Sadly there are more mothers who take the same stand as her Mum than anyone would realize. In my case my mother could not accept that the man she loved abused my 13 yr old aunt, me andf finally my 5 yr old sister. AND she even walked in and caught him with me and still thinks he was innocent and I was seducing him when I was 12 yr old. It's been over 40 yrs and she still can't accept that someone she loved could be so criminal and selfish. I've also seen the same thing with the mothers of many of th ewomen I worked with.

The only way I can understand this on the part of these mothers is that they seem to believe that there is something wrong with them that they could love someone who abuses children. In the case of your mother this probably takes two paths - she was involved with a sexual abuser and gave birth to one. Instead of siding with the child they go into denial because they see the abuse as a reflection of who THEY are as wives and mothers.

They don't change, And certainly without any kind of therapy (which I doubt in this case) there is no way Mum could deal with those feelings. So she moves into denial and blames the victim for causing the problems.

Knowing this won't help Megan to deal with the problem but it might help you understand the craziness of the situation.

I'm glad she has the support of her sister and you. NOT going to the family gathering was the best she could do for herself.

• dobbie
    dobbie

(((KW13 and Megan)))

So sorry you've got more c*** in your life just now when you don't need it. Tbh from what you've said re Megan's mum before she sounds a bit of a nut and its disgusting for her and the brother to expect to sleep anywhere near Megan or Noah! It is so hard but stuff what the mum says and keep your distance, keep in mind you are your own separate family unit now, you three and you need to look out for each other, and also Megan's sister who sounds great. You know you can vent away here whenever you feel like it!!!Hug for Megan Debx

• free2think
    free2think

Im glad you came back to vent Karl.

What a messed up people your MIL and BIL are. Im glad Megan has good people around her to support her when she needs it, you and her sister are doing a fantastic job.

hugs to you all.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Karl,

Lady Lee always offers sound advice so I should heed it!

Also, has Megan received counselling? She, and you, may feel she's over it, though still angry, but such traumatic experiences are often just pushed to the back of one's mind and one is never truly healed. Counselling would help with true healing.

Good luck to you all.

Ian

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey bro. Hope you can keep her away from it all. They don't deserve her.

• Mary
    Mary
    Lady Lee said: In my case my mother could not accept that the man she loved abused my 13 yr old aunt, me andf finally my 5 yr old sister. AND she even walked in and caught him with me and still thinks he was innocent and I was seducing him when I was 12 yr old.

Oh dear god in heaven......that just makes me sick to my stomach. My grandmother's stepfather (who had been one of the Bible Students in the early part of the 20th century, but left when Armageddon didn't show up in 1914) attempted to molest her when she was about 10 years old. He limped away when she kicked him in the balls. When she told her mother about the incident the next morning, her mother beat her for "telling lies". My feeling on this is that many wives do not want to acknowledge that her husband is a child molester because if she kicks him out, that means in alot of cases she's got no income and apparently would rather live with a man who rapes children, than be on her own.

• anewme
    anewme

You need to get tough with that bunch of hillbillies! And tell them to get the HELL AWAY from your wife and your family!

That is one of the greatest gifts to me from JWD.......to learn to say "Go to hell!" to creeps!
    To be certain of my boundaries and those of others. To demand RESPECT and MANNERS from others.

Today I have 5 NO TRESPASSING signs at my gate. I put my phone on answering machine only. I never pick up a ringing phone. I do not return the calls from people I do not care to talk to. I do not do anything anymore for anyone else that is detrimental to my well being or happiness.

How far away from the JW cult mind is that?????

You poor things! You stay away from those people. They are garbage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit