Sorry i need to get this off my Chest

by KW13 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mary That is a very common issue and my mother also used that to explain why she was keeping him in the home and sending my aunt and I away. She needed him to help her support the younger children. Like a good little girl I accepted that for many years.

It was only until I got into counseling in my late 30s I realized just how sick that was. The little kid needed to believe she was protecting me and helping her care for the younger kids. It hurt a lot to finally realize what she had done.

An interesting note here is that my mother has had 3 relationships with men who sexually abused their daughters

• married to my father who,
      • who abused me
      • has been accused of raping another child who later became his step-daughter
    • not married but considered as common-law husband who
      • abused his 3 daughters in his first marrage and
      • 3 children when he was with my mother
      • and left her to later marry a woman with foster daughters
    • her second marriage to a non-JW man who
      • sexually abuse at least one of his daughters in his first marriage and
      • my sister accused him of trying to abuse her and my mother denied it happened and sent her to foster care

The abusers don't change. But the women don't change either. They find many ways of letting the men off the hook. Denial is a huge factor when dealing with these mothers

• rebel8
    rebel8

((((KW, Noah, Megan))))

"The abusers don't change. But the women don't change either."

No truer words than that.

Perhaps the pedo's fiancee should be educated as to her beloved's past. If she is kept in the dark he will probably abuse her, their kids, their neighbors....Pedos do not rehabilitate or stop abusing unless they're forced to (via being dead or in prison)....Spare this lady a lifetime of grief and suffering.

MIL is part of the problem as she is a supporter and enabler of the abuser. This means you all need to protect yourself when dealing with her.

Imagine her as a puddle of infected blood on your sidewalk. Avoid contact at all costs by ignoring or staying away. If you must handle it though, wear gloves and don't let it touch you.

• KW13
    KW13

Hey guys, i'll try respond to you all in one go alright?

Basically we are looking to move out from the home we are in with Megans Mum asap - looking for alternatives all the time and i cant wait until something does come up, its driving me nuts living with her anyway nevermind with this on top and its not doing megan any good.

Megans Mum is the first person Megan should be able to depend on and as you've all said, she's been the first to let Megan down in a huge way. Its sad when parents choose someone else over their children, in this case victim over the other child. At least in this case a sound person would take no risks until they know who is telling the truth.

Counselling will eventually be on the cards for Megan but not yet, i think she's just starting to get it out of her system and just finished the early process of 'sharing' information with those closest to her and with people she trusts and now she's looking for the next stage. Confrontation has already taken place for her in a form via email to her Brother who will probably never respond incase Megans Mum sees it. Already me and Megan know he'll have filled her Mums head with more lies, fortunately Megans Sister is still vocal but is having to pretend nothing is happening around Brother to protect his future wife...i am of a mind to fly out to Ireland for their wedding next year and raise my hand when they ask if their are objectors but thats probably just me wanting to make this right in the wrong way!

Thanks for your kind words everyone, its appreciated and yes i am glad i came and vented here, i needed to because its not really an option venting to Megan because its almost selfish, considering the options, choices and thoughts are all stuck in her head most of the time and she is the real victim, i am only really an angered partner who must support her how i can.

I never thought i'd be one to marry into problems like this, thank God Megan and her Sister are so brilliant because otherwise that family hasnt any good in it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just a note for you and Megan

From the moment an abuser touches a child he has to prepare what he will say if his (or her) if the victim ever talks. He has had years to prepare and has most likely been setting things up so that Megan would not be believed.

Abusers are conmen and liars. That is how they survive. They never take responsibility for their actions. They plot how to silence their victims. And the only thing others (like Mum) have to do is stay silent to protect the abuser

The abusers planning, manipulations, conniving, and outright lying work well for the abuser.

And it can be devastating for the victims

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

KW you have a PM matey!

Gary

• KW13
    KW13
    Just a note for you and Megan

From the moment an abuser touches a child he has to prepare what he will say if his (or her) if the victim ever talks. He has had years to prepare and has most likely been setting things up so that Megan would not be believed.

Abusers are conmen and liars. That is how they survive. They never take responsibility for their actions. They plot how to silence their victims. And the only thing others (like Mum) have to do is stay silent to protect the abuser

The abusers planning, manipulations, conniving, and outright lying work well for the abuser.

And it can be devastating for the victims

VERY INTERESTING! Thanks Lady Lee

Read and Replied Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit