How to stump someone that believes the noah's flood happened.

by 5go 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

Recently unearthed archaelogical evidence has revealed that, contrary to conventional wisdom, Noah actually wore pants. And they were too short. Here's a photographic recreation of what......

"NOAH'S FLOODS" looked like!! ........ .... .....

Couldn't stop myself. I need help.

Open Mind

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

To imply the notion that all the animals on earth could be gathered and placed in a close quartered boat, with all the important indigenous food that that animal would have to survive on

and not one of the animals die during that length of time is absolutely ludicrous and goes out of bounds of stupidity, but then again this is religion.

Another concept of fear with the intension to establish power and control for the men that want to utilize it for their own purpose

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

And it was also built thousands of years AFTER the flood of Noah supposedly happened. The people of Noah's time did not have the technology of the Romans.

• annalice
    annalice

When the flood is spoken of and man describes it as covering the earth, well back then when man looked out over his surrounds to him the earth ended at the horizon. so someone back that long ago would write it down as the flood covered the whole earth ,becuase in his ancient mind , it did. So a large flood may have occured but not over the entire earth .

• Gill
    Gill

'The Flood' or 'A Flood' most certainly happened in Mesopotamia between 10 and 15 000 years ago.

This marked the end of the last ice age.

With ice melting generally, floods increased in all parts of the world, much like the climate change we see now and increases in flooding and bizarre weathers. The Earth has also suffered Pole Shifts and crust slides that has changed climates over hundreds of thousands of years.

There will probably be stories in the distant future about our own climate change experience which we blame on ourselves but is mainly a natural Earth phenomenon. Did you know, that in ice bound Greenland they are now growing broccoli and that the Greenland government had to fly in dog food for the first time ever to feed the starving huskies at the north of the country?

So here we go again. Climate change is upon us and as it was in the past, some of it is pretty dramatic.

If people want to believe that a flood covered the whole Earth, let them.

They simply do not WANT to know the real reasons because the real reasons prove that God is controlling nothing.

They are personally so self centered that they cannot even begin to imagine how long the human race has suffered the regular ups and downs of the Earths climate changes and probably will for a very long time to come.

• sparrow
    sparrow

mark for later

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

As the evidence showing the Biblical Flood account is a fairy tale is freely available on the Internet, and as all here obviously can read and have access to the Internet, quite why I or anyone else telling them the Biblical Flood account is a fairy tale should make them stop belieiving in something they shouldn't beleieve in anyway, had they but done some decent research, I don't know.

A Flood believer going to a Flood Apologetics site like that and having it proved to your satisfaction the Flood happened is like a Pedophile going to a Pedophile Apologist website and having it proved to their satisfaction that having sex with kids is okay.

For anyone who does believe the Biblical account is true I have two simple facts that should prove to a reasonable person the Biblical Flood account is a fairy tale;

1. The Great Pyramid at Giza was built before any possible date for a Biblical Flood, yet has no signs of Flood damage, not did the civilisation that built it notice a Global Flood washing them all away as there wasn't one and it didn't.
    2. You can see trees still standing and alive that were already hundreds of years old before any possible date for a Biblical Flood, yet survived it with no sign of any flood damage or growth hiatus.

Unless you can prove these two facts are false, the Flood could not happen as the Bible describes it.

If you need to insist every word in the Bible is literally true even in the face of firm evidence to the contrary to make yourself feel good about your beliefs I don't think you have the remotest idea what faith is.

All you are doing is worshipping your own opinion, and a grieviously ignorant one at that.

Oh, please realise ignorance is different to stupidity; you can solve ignorence by learning. I'm not calling Flood belivers stupid, I am saying they don't know simple or unreasonably refuse to accept facts that prove the Flood account in the Bible is a fairy tale.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Antarctica used to be near the equator when it was connected with the tips of S. America and Africa... there is evidence for glaciation in S.A. and Africa where there could not possibly be now as a result of these continents moving apart via plate tectonics. This would explain the bedrock of Antarctica and what is in it.

The WW2 plane crashed near the coast of Greenland, an area with a maritime climate, receiving tons of snowfall. These planes got covered up quickly. The Greenland ice cores come from the center of the island, 100s of miles away where a completely different snowfall regime is in place. The longest cores go back 800,000 years, not "millions". Ice ages as we know them have been happening for the last 2 million years.

It is astounding how many people use this story to "prove" a young earth, GISP cores being incorrect... etc etc. -They should go write for the Awake.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hello Abaddon,

I'm not so sure I'd use the Great Pyramid example if I was trying to convince someone with just one or two points. Wikipedia puts it's completion at 2560 BC but says this date is an estimate and is contradicted by radiocarbon dating.

WT Library, another scholarly source, ;-) puts the Noachian flood at 2370 BC.

Granted, according to these sources, the Pyramid was PROBABLY completed 190 years prior to the flood, but I wouldn't use this as a "slam dunk" on the flood. It seems close enough in time to not be that convincing. There's plenty of others though.

I like the trees argument, BTW.

Cheers,

Open Mind

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

A good point Open Mind, but don't forget the civilisation which built it not only failed to mention the Flood, or lose any older buildings to it. If one tries to say maybe it wasn;t built by the Egyptians then (assuming the Pyramid was built just 100 years after a 2370BC Flood (which is unlikely as the youngest date its credited with in the article is 2467BC, the 'consensus' is 2589-2504BC, with any disputes making it older) it means that Noah's sons managed to build a new civilisation capable of building the Pyramid in very short order, and become worshippers of 'false' god's almost straight away.

Thus the double hit of Khufu's Pyramid (which stands as proxy really of all the ancient civilisations whose histories we'd have to re-write to fit a Flood in) and Bristlecone pines is a good one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit