How to stump someone that believes the noah's flood happened.

by 5go 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 5go
    5go

One of the key peices of evidence that people sight to try to prove the flood happen is the fact the most cultures have a flood myth or story as they put it.

I was just watching a program that also points out the most, if not all cultures believe in dragons. Even cultures that evolve in isolation have beliefs in dragons and they are all simular though not the same. Just like the flood myth.

So if they believe the flood happened because so many cultures have flood stories. Then by the same stroke they most also believe that dragons walk the earth.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I didn't know other cultures believed in Dragons. Do you think the "Dragons" might have been Dinosauers?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think Noah's flood happened. I just don't believe it was world-wide. Nor that the entire earth population of fauna, reptilians, and insectoids floated along. That's all.

There's dragons and sea monsters, too.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Why didn't the dinosaurs get included on the trip, they were God's creatures too

Practical common sense, practical common sense

• 5go
    5go
    I didn't know other cultures believed in Dragons. Do you think the "Dragons" might have been Dinosauers?

You most live a sheltered life.

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

I always thought that the fact we still have fresh and salt water fish a very good argument for the flood never happening. niether can survie in each other habit, so a big world wide flood, would have mixed the waters.

Also how did the animals in Oz land get there?, Noah make a stop on the way home?

• hambeak
    hambeak

A lot of archeological evidence points to a great flood of global effects.

Now whether it was world wide is another story. How do you explain wooly mammoths in Siberia with vegetation in their mouth?

How do you explain sea creatures fossils in the desserts of the USA?

Also the chest on Ararat so high in elevation?

• John Doe
    John Doe

What's wrong with believing in dragons. After all, wasn't fighting them what the knights were for? ;-)

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

A lot of archeological evidence points to a great flood of global effects.

Now whether it was world wide is another story. How do you explain wooly mammoths in Siberia with vegetation in their mouth?

How do you explain sea creatures fossils in the desserts of the USA?

Also the chest on Ararat so high in elevation?

With all due respect there is NO archeological evidence for a great flood at all.

Wooly mammouths in siberia and vegetation in their mouth is a HUGLY misquoted sitution

Please check this site, and more importanly its references its quotes, all are from peer reviewed and repuatuable sources.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html#CH400-CH599

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/canopy.html

The flood is myth, maybe built from a very localized flood yes, but they effects you quoted wouldn't even exisited if a world wide flood had happened.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Interesting. I gave up discussing issues about the Flood when I found out the ice cores used to introduce millions of years of chronology were standing on top of tropical vegetation on the floor of the Antartica. That's enough global flood evidence/indication for me.

In the meantime, the dragon concept is interesting, but it might be linked to Satan. Satan is called a "dragon" in Revelation, which is related to a serpent, especially if the serpent had legs. So the concept of a dragon and the flood would have a common source in Noah and the Eden story.

See other snake-women (dragons) at: http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/humm/Topics/Lilith/aNePics.html

JC

Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy ride...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit