How to stump someone that believes the noah's flood happened.

by 5go 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

Answers in Genesis shows me how far people are prepared to go to try and justify some of things in the bible.

Classic subjects they have covered are, (on topic) Dragons really existed, yes including fire breathing ones!, that the T-Rex probably breathed fire, and the list goes on.

Another things with Answers in Genesis, is that references are often so misquoted, and simple by finding their reference claims, you can see how they twist the truth and take items out of context.

( Jack) As far as the coal seams under the arctic ( and i not sure if JCannon meant those) that still doesn't show a global flood. I agree 100% that the arctic climate has been every different over the course of time.

Back to the flood thing, i can remember being on a JW's tour of the history museum down in London, and the guide (being a witness) stated that the size of the history museum was about the same size as the ark, and said, look how easy it would have been to fit every kind of animal in. Of course he failed to see (or accept) that a wooden structure of that size

1. Can't float

2, wouldn't hold enough food for the animals

3. 8 people on an ark couldn't have maintained that many animals

4. with the description of the ark, methane would have killed everyone one board

5. all 8 people on board who have had to been carrying all the known virus today, flu, cold, etc etc

And finally the ice cores of Greenland show NO traces of a flood event in the last 40,000 years.

Of course you could always invoke and miracle at every stumbling block. :-)

• badboy
    badboy

AN INTERESTING THOUGHT HAS OCCURED TO ME.

WOULD THE FLOOD HAD ERASE ALL TRACES O METERITE CRATERS?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Of course I believe dragons walk the earth:

http://whozoo.org/students/amabau/komodo_dragon.htm

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Most Flood questions are addressed here: http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/flood.asp Description: A site showing how science lies and distorts/misrepresents/manipulates evidence that proves the universe is less than 10000 years old. Most Flat Earth questions are addressed here: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum// Description: A site showing how science lies and distorts/misrepresents/manipulates evidence that proves the Earth is flat. Most 'Reptilian Alien Race Has Taken Over Earth' -questions are addressed here: http://www.truthism.com/ Description: A site showing how science and governments lie and distort/misrepresent/manipulate evidence that proves the Earth's governments are ruled by a reptilian alien race (and that the Earth is hollow with an inner Sun, and an advanced civilization living on the inside). The Truth is definitely out there. I wish you all a good hunt!

• Perry
    Perry

Athenaeus gives us a detailed description of a very large warship, built by Ptolemy Philopator (c. 244–205 bc).7 It was 130m (420 feet) long, 18m (57 feet) wide, and 22m (72 feet) high to the top of her gunwale. From the top of its sternpost to the water line was 24 metres (79.5 feet). It had four steering oars 14m (45 feet) long. It had 40 tiers of oars. The oars on the uppermost tier were 18m (57 feet) long. The oars were counter-balanced with lead to make them easier to handle. It had a double bow and a double stern and carried seven rams, of which one was the leader and the others were of gradually reducing size. It had 12 under-girders 275m (900 feet) long. The ship was manned by 400 sailors to handle the rigging and the sails, 4,000 rowers and 2,850 men in arms for a total of 7,250 men. This ship was too large to be of much practical use.8 Some things of interest about this ship. First, there are no forests worth mentioning in Egypt. All the lumber had to be imported from elsewhere, likely Lebanon. This ship had a crew that was almost twice as large as that of the largest aircraft carrier we have ever built! The size of the ship approximated the size of Noah’s Ark. Up to ten banks

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Back to the flood thing, i can remember being on a JW's tour of the history museum down in London, and the guide (being a witness) stated that the size of the history museum was about the same size as the ark, and said, look how easy it would have been to fit every kind of animal in. Of course he failed to see (or accept) that a wooden structure of that size

1. Can't float

ahhh...yes it can wherehasmyhairgone. Shipbuilders still use those same ratio's (6 to 1) as laid out in Genesis

It didn't have to steer or cut thru water. All it had to do was stay afloat and be watertight. Genesis also says that Noah was instructed to put holes (presumably for ventilation) into the structure so the methane crack shows you missed that part.

As for the food and maintence...that's a matter of faith. It's up to the individual to decide if it's plausible.

• garybuss
  • badboy
    badboy

WINDOWS IN THE FIRMAMENTS?

• sspo
    sspo
    Interesting. I gave up discussing issues about the Flood when I found out the ice cores used to introduce millions of years of chronology were standing on top of tropical vegetation on the floor of the Antartica. That's enough global flood evidence/indication for me.

The flood according to the bible happened around 2370 bce, that's only 4400 years ago.

How can we have ice cores that introduced millions of years of chronology on top of tropical vegetation?

How did the unique animals found only in Austriala get there?

• Perry
    Perry

It’s interesting that the observed evidence for rapid formation of ice layers is also ignored. This can be seen in the squadron of P-38 Lightning fighter planes and B–17 Flying Fortress bombers of WWII. On July 15, 1942 they had to make an emergency landing on a Greenland ice sheet. The planes were abandoned. Later in 1988 the planes were found buried under 250 feet of ice!1 Much ice core dating is based on the assumption that one layer equals one year, but we have seen that such layers can form rapidly and more than one per year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit