The power of witches and occultism

by greendawn 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

greendawn

I believe the power of the witches is real that they can blast humans with venomous demonic energies and harm them seriously. Babylon the Great is first and foremost a demon protected, driven and directed witch.

Oh for the love of mike... are you joking or what?

Please give me one piece of evidence you are not falling for superstitious rubbish.

Witchcraft was rejected as nonsense long ago by the early church;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchcraft#Europe

The Church and European society was not always obsessed with hunting witches and blaming them for bad occurrences. Saint Boniface declared in the 8th century that belief in the existence of witches was un-Christian. The emperor Charlemagne decreed that the burning of supposed witches was a pagan custom that would be punished by the death penalty. In 820 the Bishop of Lyon and others repudiated the belief that witches could make bad weather, fly in the night, and change their shape. This denial was accepted into Canon law until it was reversed in later centuries as the witch-hunt gained force. Other rulers such as King Coloman of Hungary declared that witch-hunts should cease because witches do not exist.

A later resurgence was down to a mixed bag of issues, it had nothing to do with witches being proven real.

Not once, not ever.

Fear, greed and misogyny were main drivers;

http://www.powimag.de/wp/?p=99

http://www.gendercide.org/case_witchhunts.html

This is what people who believed in witchcraft believed; this is about WOMEN, not just about witches and comes from Malleus maleficarum the classic witch hunting manual;

All wickedness is but little to the wickedness of a woman. ... What else is woman but a foe to friendship, an unescapable punishment, a necessary evil, a natural temptation, a desirable calamity, domestic danger, a delectable detriment, an evil nature, painted with fair colours. ... Women are by nature instruments of Satan -- they are by nature carnal, a structural defect rooted in the original creation.

By believing in witchcraft you unknowingly subscribe to the same ignorant rhetoric that drove the murders of thousands of inocent women.

It's a bit like believers in a world Zionist conspiracy unknowing subscribe to anti-semitism, as just as witchcraft was largely based on misogyny, so too is a belief in a Zionist conspiracy largely based on anti-semitism.

Be careful what you believe in greendawn... it can say a lot about you...

the atheists have no option after all but to believe this

They actually have no evidence that would lead them to believe otherwise, but if misrepresenting issues is necessary for your own beliefs...

compound complex

I have a copy of a letter allegedly written by self-proclaimed "dark lords" who've infiltrated Bethel. It could very well be a hoax,

You don't say...

And do you often believe in extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence? If so I have a magic wallet I can sell you...

freyd

witches, atheists, the Islamists, the homosexuals, the anarchists, the leftists, transvestites What are they doing on a jw discussion board?

Hanging around with a JW apologist like you who is conflicted enough to ignore the guidance of the soceity and knowingly associate with apostates so you can self-rightously condemn them. You lecture us when you lack the honesty to confess your own 'sins' to the local elders so you can be 'corrected'.

I think that earns you a big fat PHARASEE badge!
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Amen Abaddon - Demon of the Abyss!!

HB

• White Dove
    White Dove

It disturbs me to see that people use the term "witchcraft" so generally without specifying which witch they are talking about. There are Hollywood witches (Charmed), modern witches (only some are Wiccan), and the paranoid type that got all the womyn killed a long time ago. Oh, and there is also the modern witch wannabees that make ligitimate witchcraft look bad by harming some, which is pretty hard to do if non-witches would do their homework and make educated comments. Not only should these non-witches look up the womyn hating history but also the modern nature driven love the earth and all her children type witchcraft AND the history of original paganism which is what getting in touch with nature was and is all about. We are all natural creatures. Nature feeds us and clothes us. Nature educates us. Come on, don't just read about one kind and say that you know all about it.

• heathen
    heathen

White Dove- the bible condemns witchcraft ,so if people hate witches then you know why . The pagans didn't know any better nor did they really care about such things but it is clear that a witch was to be put to death in ancient Israel . That's kinda what the pharisees kept accusing jesus of , he was deceiving them with occult powers instead of Godlike powers making him the king . I often get the feeling that people are trying to pull some sort of occult deception in everyday life . It's not something you can prove unless people confess and I'm not saying to torture people until they do . I'm not interested in any of it .

• compound complex
    compound complex

To the one known as ABADDON:

Thank you, Abaddon, for the offer of the wallet. I already possess one from Australia. My money continues to disappear.

The point re: the copy of the letter about the DARK LORDS' [my fanciful term] infiltration of Bethel is that the idea is out there. The person who wrote it is very creative and imaginative and hateful toward Jehovah's Witnesses, stating that he loves to see the death of JW children from lack of necessary blood transfusions. I have no idea who he is but wouldn't object to meeting him in a dark alley.

Since leaving the Watch Tower, I no longer believe everything I read - you have helped me become a critical thinker, though I have yet to attain to your level of perspicacity. My personal belief or disbelief is immaterial.

You were kind to evaluate my post - I welcome your thoughts, not disparage them ...

Gratefully,

Compound-Complex

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I thought "Freyd" was a play on 'frayed' which is how I think most JWs feel when they are brave enough to question their long time WT assumptions and misconceptions. I hope Frayed comes back. But I wish he/she would offer something other than platitudes, out of context and condescending. Thats kind of irritating. But frayed things are often irritants, right?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I think before people cast judgement on Witchcraft/Wicca they should read some of the more scholarly texts on the subject.

I suggest as a couple:-

Hutton, R. The Triumph of the Moon, Oxford University Press 1999

Hutton, R. The Ancient Religions of the Ancient British Isles, Blackwell 1993

Personally I dont believe that Witchcraft was anything more than a modern construct which evolved from prehistoric spiritualities; I believe it holds great power to those that practice the Craft and know first hand that the vast majority of 'witches' practice a right hand (or white) path of healing or assistance. There are some rogue factions but there are rogue factions of Christianity.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Abbaddon,

I have a magic wallet I can sell you...

If it's your own magic, I'm interested

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit