The power of witches and occultism

by greendawn 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outnfree
    outnfree

The number of posts Freyd has made tells us s/he is not a new poster.
    In fact, the comments sound curiously like an old poster with a different, yet similar name.
    Perhaps s/he was "reinstated" but with a new alias?

Anyway -- doesn't anybody here watch "Charmed?" Those witches are NICE and are always fighting the MEAN old Demons!!!!
    Any wtiches I know are also nice! ;)

out

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

"The flow is overpowering and will wash away the pockets of stagnant energy."

• Satanus
    Satanus

I believe that some of the natives here in canada do this kind of stuff. I think that it casts a negativity on it's targets, a kind of self destructive tendency. Many of the natives have not given up the fights of many decades ago.

S

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

mmmmmmK.

Here is the Wiccan Rede in full: (emphasis mine for the most part)

The Wiccan Rede (Full Version)

Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust.
    Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.
    To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
    let love and light be our guides again.

Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune.
    Widdershins go when the moon doth wane,
    and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane.

When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two.
    When the moon rides at Her peak then your heart's desire seek.

Heed the North winds mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.
    When the Wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss you on the mouth.
    When the wind whispers from the West, all hearts will find peace and rest.

Nine woods in the Cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.
    Birch in the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows.

Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's
    insight. Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.

Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.
    Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye.

Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.
    White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.

Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.
    Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.

Elder is the Lady's tree burn it not or cursed you'll be.
    Four times the Major Sabbats mark in the light and in the dark.

As the old year starts to wane the new begins, it's now Samhain.
    When the time for Imbolc shows watch for flowers through the snows.

When the wheel begins to turn soon the Beltane fires will burn.
    As the wheel turns to Lamas night power is brought to magick rite.

Four times the Minor Sabbats fall use the Sun to mark them all.
    When the wheel has turned to Yule light the log the Horned One rules.

In the spring, when night equals day time for Ostara to come our way.
    When the Sun has reached it's height time for Oak and Holly to fight.

Harvesting comes to one and all when the Autumn Equinox does fall.
    Heed the flower, bush, and tree by the Lady blessed you'll be.

Where the rippling waters go cast a stone, the truth you'll know.
    When you have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend or be counted as his friend.
    Merry Meet and Merry Part bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind the Three-fold Laws you should three times bad and three times good.
    When misfortune is enow wear the star upon your brow.

Be true in love this you must do unless your love is false to you.

These Eight words the Rede fulfill:

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/rede.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan_Rede

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

When i was a JW i certainly believed in the power of witchcraft, Satan and all the other stuff.

But after taking a careful look at what is really happening, none of this is true. I have had people convinced that i really can talk to their dead loves ones, even when i tell them its just entertainment. I have had people see ghostly figures and hear sounds and voices, all without one hookup to a demon.

I sometimes perform 'entertainment seances' for small house parties, and what look and feels very real, is just smoke and mirrors and a good imagination.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Whatever experience you have had is not mine.

I have had contact with my deceased parents, and no smoke or mirrors were involved.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Homerovah,

the only power they may have is in their minds and thats about it .

That's actually enough for most purposes :)

gently feral

• heathen
    heathen

I do believe .There are alot of people delving in the occult and the WTBTS has printed articles where they admit forms of divination and I do think the satanic images in the publications are put there for a reason. I believe the whole psychic phenon is about witchcraft .

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I believe that some of the natives here in canada do this kind of stuff. I think that it casts a negativity on it's targets, a kind of self destructive tendency. Many of the natives have not given up the fights of many decades ago.

Satanus

Care to elaborate?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

greendawn:

Many believe that the power of witches, male or female, to cause a great deal of harm and suffering by invoking the venomous power of the demons is an evident fact.

People believe all sorts of superstitious nonsense without evidence.

There are many stories of such activities going on, the casting of spells, enchantments and curses, harming humans in a psychological way through the use of these invisible powers.

The stories can certainly tell us a lot about human nature but that's all they are - stories.

Some believe these are just fanciful ideas and fairy tales, the atheists have no option after all but to believe this.

As someone else pointed out, atheism doesn't preclude belief in supernatural entities who are not gods, but you're right. Most people who don't believe in gods are unlikely to believe in demons, fairies, witches, leprechauns or Smurfs.

Some even suspect that the WTS is causing a lot of problems to its ex members by being a secretly occultic demonic organisation and invoking the power of the demons against these ex members.

Well "some" are rather more imaginative than is good for them. How horrible it must be to escape the Watchtower and still be afraid of imaginary enemies.

Its dabbling in the occult was overtly done for at least 60 years.

The religion's based entirely on the interpretations of messages from imaginary beings. Does it really matter which ones?

Any ideas? I believe the power of the witches is real that they can blast humans with venomous demonic energies and harm them seriously. Babylon the Great is first and foremost a demon protected, driven and directed witch.

The only power that witches and such have is the fear they instill in those who believe in them. This fear can be harnessed by the unscrupulous and the power-hungry, and thus was born religion.

blueviceroy:

that kind of power lies only in the receptivity of the believer so if you believe it it is true for you but if you dont believe it its like any other thing you dont believe

Very true. I'd like to point out though that it's not true for everything. If you don't believe in gravity, for example, you can still fall to your death. But stop believing in ghosts, demons, gods and djinni and they disappear completely.

Gretchen956:

Sounds like not a single one of you even know what a witch really is. Witches don't believe in Satan and aren't on the dark side. Their prime directive: An it harm NONE, do what thou wilt. Get the old hollywood stereotype out of your head, yes there are some fringe hanger's on that are freaky, but for the most part you'll find that Wiccans are throughout all professions and look just like anyone else. No evil intent.

You're confusing the ancient and widespread set of practices and beliefs known as witchcraft with the 1950s religion known as Wicca. The "Hollywood stereotype" and the stories it was based on are a lot older than the inventions of Gerald Gardner. It can be confusing to use the same word for mythological beings and for goddess-worshipping New Age types but that is the fault of the latter who chose the name.

freyd:

It is written "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above."

Is that from Labyrinth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit